As a senior member of the Managed Operations Center, the Technical Support Specialist (Level 2) will provide expert-level technical support to managed services clients in a 24/7/365 environment. He or she will be responsible for the following...
• Provides advanced application and infrastructure support, network administration, desktop troubleshooting, and server management across multiple environments, working on behalf of managed services clients.
• Adhering to client service level agreements and team performance goals while prioritizing, resolving and/or escalating issues in accordance with Company policy.
• Communicates technical information clearly and effectively over the phone, in person, and in writing to English-speaking clients.
• Effectively documenting client communication and resolution efforts via internal ticketing system in accordance with Company standards.
• Maintaining a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity while accessing client data/systems and supporting mission-critical environments.
• Assists security team in monitoring client environments for suspicious activity/threats and responds quickly to security alerts and incidents in accordance with Company standards.
• Mentors and provides training to internal team members regarding Managed Operations Center tools, policies, and incident response best practices.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Note: This position is eligible for full remote status for individuals who will work from a home office in state with Managed Solution payroll operations. Individuals located in San Diego county, California, will be required to work as assigned, which may include working onsite from our headquarters; working from a remote home office; or reporting to a client site.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
• An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, as well as 3+ years of advanced troubleshooting experience (networking, server/OS, desktop, virtualization). Equivalent combinations of education and/or experience will be considered. Previous experience in a multi-client Managed Services and/or Managed Security Operations Center helpdesk environment is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to provide outgoing, enthusiastic customer service with a drive to deliver exceptional service to both internal and external team members.
• Demonstrated history of taking ownership/accountability of assigned tasks.
• Strong organization and problem-solving skills; experience prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Demonstrated integrity and the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
• Strong proficiency in Office365 administration and troubleshooting required. Additional knowledge of public/private cloud (e.g., Azure) and virtualization technologies a plus.
• Microsoft or other technical certifications highly desired and may be required for employment.
• Expert level troubleshooting skills in a Windows environment, including desktop and server OS.
• Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN administration and concepts including DHCP, DNS, VLAN's, firewalls, NAT, wireless technology, and the ability to configure switches a plus.
• Proficient knowledge of Cybersecurity, Network Monitoring, and Endpoint Management tools: Perch, LogicMonitor, SentinelOne, etc.
• Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
• Previous experience working within ticketing systems required (Connectwise preferred)
• Previous experience working in Managed Services Operations Center
• Apple/Macintosh/iPhone/iPad experience a plus
The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.