As a valuable member of the NK financial team, the Accounting Clerk will assist with entering accounts receivable and payable transactions. Bookkeeping and/or financial software experience preferred but not required. This position offers flexibility to set your schedule (10 to 20 hours per week) during normal business hours. This is at-will employment. This part time employment is not benefits eligible.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
• Enter daily wire and ACH cash receipts into Sage ERP accounting system.
• Enter and reconcile payments and credit card transactions received from customers and associated with NK’s ecommerce sales.
• Learn and carefully follow departmental Standard Operating Procedures ("SOP's") for all transaction types.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and assist with implementation.
• Assist with other departmental duties as requested.
Personal Qualities for Success in this Job
• Ability to execute repetitive numerical tasks while maintaining focus on accuracy.
• Detail oriented and attentive to fixing errors in data where observed.
• Ability to retain instructions and recognize when facts depart from instructions.
• Self-starter within the context of assigned duties.
• Reliable attendance.
• Accurate and quick computer data entry skills.
• Strong numerical and arithmetic skills.
• Proficient with currency conversion.
• Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including sorting, formulas and pivot tables.
• Able to work on a computer, sitting, for a defined shift.
• Able to use phone, computers, e-mail applications and specialized software proficiently.
Education and Experience
• High school degree or equivalent.
• One to two years data entry or financial software experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Climate-controlled office environment. Must be able to sit for extended periods. Must be able to use a standard or readily-modified computer and phone system.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual’s age, color, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected category is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment and also applies to training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits and all other aspects of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
NK is known worldwide for its waterproof speed measurement, timing and audio systems for competitive rowers and paddlers, used by virtually every school and club program throughout the world from novices to Olympic medal winners. NK’s Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are portable weather instruments used by firefighters, military personnel, farmers, hikers, meteorologists, sports teams and thousands of other people who need to know the conditions where they work or play. Our Kestrel Ballistics Meters combine advanced ballistics calculators with accurate on the spot environmental measurements to get military, law enforcement, competitive and recreational long range shooters on target. Our products ARE us - we design them, build them, sell them, and passionately stand behind them.
NK has been in business for over four decades and is still growing stronger. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK is a Lean enterprise committed to American manufacturing and continuous improvement of our design, production, administrative and sales processes.
NK's facility (manufacturing plant and offices) is located in Boothwyn, PA, about 30 minutes southwest of Philadelphia. NK's work environment is informal and high-energy (and dog-friendly), and our employees' quality of life is important to us. We truly live the meaning of that “Teamwork” rowing poster found on the walls of so many businesses.
No agencies please.