Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Financial Liaison of our practice, the billing company, and collection agency.
- Manage accounts receivable related to cash deposits, reconciliation and allocation of payments processed via the credit card terminal
- Manage incoming commercial insurance and patient payments mailed to the company.
- Prepare bank deposit slips for daily currency received.
- Support Financial Liaison with downloading and importing hospital patient records into our patient EMR system.
- Forward copies of all payment information, including bank deposit, EFTs, and EOBs received via postal mail, to billing company on a daily basis.
- Compare posting report batches received from billing company to our practice’s cash reports.
- Work with billing company on insurance denials and research the reasons for denial.
- Support Financial Liaison on daily exception spreadsheets received from the billing company that relates to missing referrals, insurance eligibility, and inactive insurance.
- Work with billing company, on a weekly basis, to update patient charts.
- Maintain communication with physician’s secretary regarding missing referrals or prior authorization before appointment appointments.
- Infusion invoicing.
- Audit patient accounts to ensure accuracy in billing (no charges missed) by reviewing hospital cards, hospital list and patient appointment schedule.
- Ensure timely response to calls, e-mails and other verbal or written correspondence.
- Assist in the training of new Financial Liaisons and other RCCs that are being cross-trained.
- Cover other RCC functions when on vacation or out on leave.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Possess 3+ years of experience with billing, ICD-10 and CPT codes, researching discrepancies and problem resolution.
- Willingness to cross-train and automate, when necessary.
- Attain in-depth knowledge of insurance payers and plans.
- Ability to work independently, effectively with supervisor, staff members, and departments, as well as being able to accept direction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be a team player with a professional demeanor, good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and work respectfully with fellow employees, clients and patients as well as establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with other staff members, our physicians, and the executive management team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephone communication skills.
- Examine documents and other information for accuracy and completeness.