Pilatus is hiring for an Aircraft Interior Technician Apprentice. This role will split their time between the Fabrication and Seating Department. You will be working with top-of-the-line materials and soft goods to construct the customized interior furnishings that go into our market-leading business aircraft, the PC-12 NGX single engine turboprop and the PC-24 Super Versatile Jet. In this program you are paid to learn valuable trade skills while attending related courses at Front Range Community College. If like us, you have a keen attention to detail, you will be right at home with a team of people that help bring our client’s dreams to life.
An apprenticeship at Pilatus will open the door to a wide choice of career opportunities. This dual-track model allows for both work-based and classroom-based instruction. The program starts in July 2022 and the duration is 3 years. Apprentices are eligible to earn a Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship from the U.S. Department of Labor.
Apprentice Salary & Start Date
This position will start in July 2022 with a pay rate of $14.00 an hour per the program guidelines.
- Learn the skills needed to fabricate high-end interior components being installed in exquisitely finished private aircraft
- Measure, mark and cut a variety of materials including fabric, foam and leather
- Sew, apply glue, and finish-wrap materials on panels, seats and other interior parts
- Assemble aircraft upholstery and seats using various processes and adhesives, hand tools, sewing machines and other shop equipment
- Learn basic aircraft wiring & harness building
- Participate in other aspects of aircraft completion (safety, panel prep & install, pre-check flight leveling and weight and balance preparation)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Patience to learn new skills in an on-the-job training environment
What We Offer
- Paid tuition, class fees, and books when taking technical based classes or approved programs for the entire program
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 6 days of paid personal time, and 10 days of paid vacation time to start, with an increase to 3 weeks of paid vacation time after 5 years
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NG and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 25 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland, and a completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.