$500 Signing Bonus
WHO WE ARE
Cormetech is the world’s leader in environmental technology. We help customers reduce their release of air pollutants and improve the environment. Protecting our environment for future generations has been important to us since our inception.
BENEFITS OF OUR WORK
Our focus is to ensure our environment is full of clean, unpolluted air. Not only are we responsible for 65% of the pollution reduction in our air since our inception, our manufacturing methods of regeneration and recycling have eliminated 6.5 million cubic feet of landfill. Our drive to improve the environment does not end there, we are continually innovating and seeking ways to improve air, land, and water quality.
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
A Development Lab Technician I is responsible for the operation of pilot scale lab equipment which can include mixing powders, extruding batch material, drying and calcining extrudates, dipping extrudates, testing batch/extrudate properties (moisture, plasticity, abrasion, strength testing) according to prescribed procedures and internal standards. The Development Lab Technician I supports production experiments led by Development. The Development Lab Technician I will be trained to perform processing areas and the material testing of wet and calcined product independently and without supervision. The processing areas are: Mixing through Cutting.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Weighs and/or measures specific quantities of varying types of ingredients.
- Prepares catalyst solutions like AMT and AMV.
- Mixes ingredients in proper sequence and proportions and follows detailed processing instructions.
- Tends mixing or compounding equipment and maintains control over time, moisture removal, temperature, pressure, rpm, energy, power, or other variables.
- Observes, gauges, meters, and panels to monitor and control the operating conditions of lab scaled mixers, kneaders, extruders, dryers and calciners. Reports accurately the specific process characterizing outputs like peak time, energy, average power, and temperature. Documents observations and operation conditions of lab process equipment.
- Assesses final compound visually and uses appropriate batch testing equipment like moisture balances, curdmeter and pH meter. Makes batch adjustments if required to meet final batch drop specifications. Documents observations and test results.
- In the extrusion and pre-extrusion/strainer area the Dev. Lab Technician I operates the extrusion equipment. Measures and reports extrudate speed, extrusion throughput, extruder temperature and extrusion pressure. Documents observations and test results. Maintains operation condition of extruder by taking apart and cleaning screw and barrel segments. In order to maintain suitable honeycomb extrusion condition the technician must be able to use different die hardware to control and maintain flow front profile during extrusion. Monitors slot wear on dies and coal and gas Johnson screens by checking slots with pin gauges and/or microscope.
- In drying the technician must operate humidity and temperature controlled drying equipment correctly and performs experimental tests like moisture, weight loss, and dimensional measurements on extrudates.
- Keep detailed logs of all work-related activities.
- Maintains records to comply with internal requirements and standard operating procedures. Observes safety precautions and follows safety instructions.
- Supports Development experiments on the production floor (post extrusion plasticity measurements, moisture measurements on wet product, drying crack inspection)
- Run development samples on quality laboratory equipment (example: SA, N2 Pore Volume, ect).
- Run development samples on quality laboratory equipment such as SA & N2 Pore Volume
- Other duties as assigned
- Special projects
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively independently
- Good communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Intermediate Excel candidates will be required to take an Excel Skills test for this position
- Some College preferred but not required.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in science or related field
- Prior laboratory experience
- Good analytical ability
- Mechanical noise
- Dusty and dirty work environment due to materials and raw materials
- Varying temperatures from warm to cool
- Ability to lift push, pull, and carry 25 pounds frequently
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry 40 pounds occasionally
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Walking, stooping, bending, crouching, twisting, climbing, and kneeling
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.