Emerge is currently seeking an enthusiastic, organized, growth oriented, customer experience driven professional for the role of a Systems Engineer – Tier 1. This role acts as a member of the Emerge Managed Service Desk, providing first tier support for Emerge customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced, call center type environment and/or experience working for a Managed Services Provider (MSP) on a service desk. Daily, this role will be providing first level support to client end users for Workstation and Microsoft operating system support issues. Additionally this role will provide support on low level, process based, repeatable common service desk requests, following the standard escalation process as outlined.
This candidate should possess the mindset of a growth oriented individual and be willing to strive toward obtaining the Microsoft 365 Certified Desktop Administrator Associate certification within their first 6-9 months of employment with us. This candidate should have the skill set to navigate, comprehend, and communicate basic expectations to the client, and manage to these expectations accordingly. This candidate should be able to develop strong, healthy relationships with coworkers, to ensure success and promote teamwork between the practice lines of business, and ultimately to develop and deliver the highest quality of customer service to both External and Internal customers.
Essential Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensure a good initial customer experience
· Daily/Weekly Time keeping and Monthly Expense Tracking.
· Managing Service Requests to Service Level Agreement (SLA) Expectations.
· Service Request / Incident Management (Dispatch, Categorization, Communication, Escalation process, SLA obtainment, general upkeep and Continuous Improvement)
o Create and Manage Service Requests from multiple points of entry such as Phone, Email, Voice Mail, or Verbal Requests.
o Manage to appropriate Service Request / Incident recording, End User/Stake Holder Data, Categorization, Configuration Attachment, Dispatch, Escalation adherence & SLA obtainment.
o Manage to the established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) & Success Metrics of the Service Desk.
o Assist in the identification of common ticket types across multiple incidents for identification of larger issues.
o Assist in the Initial In / Out of Scope determination, based on knowledge provided, client agreement details and service request type.
· Provide insight and ensure adherence on Service Desk Call Taking, Incident Reporting, and Dispatch practices, processes, and Standard Operating Procedures.
· Perform basic, documented, process-based, repeatable support services, commonly referred to as “Quick Tix” for Emerge’s Managed Services clients.
o Process based, repeatable interactions
o Process based, repeatable triage
o Process based, repeatable tasks
· Be a key contributor in the ongoing development and evolution of Emerge's managed services Call Taking, Incident Reporting, and Dispatch practices, processes, and Standard Operating Procedures.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide assistance as needed to the Advanced Services delivery team for Call Taking, Incident Reporting, and Service Request creation.
· Onsite travel to client locations as needed is occasionally required. Employees are expected to provide their own reliable transportation. Additionally, this role has potential to occasionally assist in providing onsite staff augmentation support services to Emerge clients.
· Minimal overnight travel is required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Experience working within a Managed Services desk environment, call center, or customer service representative type role servicing multiple clients in a business environment.
· Experience providing first level technical support to for clients on workstations and Microsoft windows operating systems.
· Experience with taking personal accountability to foster strong relationships and ensure overall client satisfaction and retention.
· Experience working within any Tracking, Inventory or more specifically Service Ticketing Application(s).
· Experience with typing and dictation.
Preferred Professional Skills
· Strong leadership and management skills, with eagerness to grow.
· Strong personal drive and self-management practices.
· Excellent listening, teaching, writing, and relationship development skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
· Good problem solving and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with alliance partners and customers.
· Outgoing, confident, and articulate demeanor.
· Overtime may be required to meet job expectations.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
· Working with internal and external client’s via Physical phone, Virtual phone, or Video Conferencing solution.
· Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.