Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
Bakkt’s Vice President of Product and Engagement Marketing will work collaboratively with product, business development and design teams to drive product messaging and positioning across Bakkt’s portfolio of products and services across crypto, loyalty and payments. This role will be accountable for all product/feature positioning and messaging as well as the positioning and marketing for the Bakkt app in both the Apple Store and the Google Play Store (app store submission updates, organic search strategy and testing, etc..).
As the core lead for Product Marketing, this role will be responsible for product and feature launches and will strongly influence the end-to-end product experience. We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader, who can set strategy but also be immersed in the details and is comfortable doing the work.
This role will also lead the customer engagement strategy and execution, blending both user content and education with incentives to drive user adoption of Bakkt products across crypto, loyalty and payments.
This role will report to Bakkt’s Chief Marketing Officer, and will contribute to long-term marketing strategy, set team priorities, and expand marketing capabilities to guide the company’s growth trajectory.
- Oversee the product marketing function, establishing differentiated market positioning and messaging for use across Bakkt’s owned and paid marketing, partner marketing, and sales enablement to drive successful product awareness and adoption
- Lead the go-to-market for new product launches, leading all in-app elements and partnering with the VP of Partner Activation Marketing to ensure Bakkt’s core product vision can come to life effectively inside partner platforms
- Drive all in-app messaging and engagement marketing, driving the testing agenda and calendar of marketing content and incentives (“Get $10 in bitcoin Bakkt with your next bitcoin purchase”) and developing a clear reporting plan on these efforts
- Build content and compelling product “stories” around all of Bakkt’s consumer-facing products. Bakkt is seeking to make crypto and rewards/points more accessible to consumers by keeping fees low and providing easy access to these assets, including via day-to-day payments. The loyalty platform delivers unique personalized offers and redemption opportunities. Our payment platform creates simple ways to access all these assets in a consumer’s day-to-day life. This role will be core to crafting a compelling “so what” across these features for our future consumers
- Work with Bakkt’s research/insights lead to develop and propagate a deep understanding of Bakkt’s users and partners; cultivate a culture of experimentation and continuous improvement and use these learnings to influence Bakkt product positioning as well as future product roadmap
- Develop core processes with three product leads at Bakkt (crypto, loyalty and payments) to ensure consumer feedback and is leveraged to develop and refine product evolutions
- Build a small but effective team – attract product leads with core product expertise to support breadth of Bakkt’s product suite
- Act as the main business owner for all non-partner activation marketing (direct-to-consumer)
- Minimum of 8+ years marketing experience, candidate must have previous B2C and product marketing experience in fintech, digital financial services or similar
- Experience in at least one of the core Bakkt product areas of crypto, loyalty and payments.
- Demonstrated track record in launching products (from ideation to development to go-to-market)
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to tell consumer-facing stories that make the complex simple and compelling
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to balance multiple project and deliverables
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across product, engineering, analytics and creative
- Bias for action and progress, brings problem-solving approach to team discussions
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred