The Manager, Visitor Center at Boston Common is an exciting opportunity to work with visitors to Boston from around the world and help them explore the rich opportunities Boston has to offer. In addition to assisting visitors, the manager will provide supervisory and operational oversight of staff and the retail facility. As an integral member of the team, the manager will play an important part in supporting the reemergence of the great city of Boston.
- Responsible for training and supervising Visitor Center at Boston Common staff
- Order and manage all retail merchandise
- Maintain daily and monthly sales reports and visitor statistics
- Monitor quality of service provided to visitors
- Monitor merchandise sales and make recommendations for re-stocking.
- Maintain ticket program inventory and monthly reports
- Keep staff up to date with current events and GBCVB marketing programs
- Create monthly schedule
- Conduct annual performance reviews for staff
- Maintain relationship with Parks Department and GBCVB members
- Point of sale system / register management, including reconciliation at end of day/shift, bank deposits, troubleshooting issues; training and oversight of staff
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Prior retail experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Boston and local events preferred.
- Outstanding hospitality, customer service skills and passion for helping others required.
- Professionalism, dependability and punctuality are essential.
- Prior experience with POS systems preferred.
- Strong computer skills preferred.
- The ability to work weekends and some holidays is required.
- Full-time, variable days
- COVID-19 considerations: All staff are required to submit proof of having received a COVID immunization.
GBCVB offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental plans, 401(k), vacation, PTO and sick time, company-paid life and disability coverage and an exciting, collegial work environment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing specific qualifications for the position and salary expectations as well as a resume.
GBCVB is the primary private sector marketing and visitor services organization charged with the development of meetings, conventions, and tourism-related business. Comprised of over 1,200 member companies in Boston, Cambridge and across New England, our goal is to enhance the economy of the region. GBCVB is a not-for-profit, membership-driven sales and marketing organization.
GBCVB is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating a workplace that reflects this commitment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.