Job Title: Director of Product Management
Reports to: Vice President of Product
As a market leader in Mobile Application Security Testing (MAST), Kryptowire’s proactive mobile security solutions ensure a higher level of security and privacy for mobile apps and mobile devices. The Kryptowire platform provides automated vulnerability and compliance testing (OWASP, GDPR, and NIAP) for individuals, enterprises, and nations to ensure security, privacy, and compliance across life stages and end-user networks.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management who will lead the strategy and execution of Kryptowire’s product management efforts, including defining and executing the product strategy and vision; communicating strategies and product plans with internal and external stakeholders; defining and managing product features and the product roadmap; collaborating with Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to ensure the successful launch of new product offerings and product releases; working directly with customers and partners as a key conduit to Marketing and Engineering; and serving as a cross-functional leader within the Kryptowire organization. In this role, you will be a key member of Kryptowire’s Product team, working closely with product management leadership, product marketing managers, and as the team grows, other product managers.
In this role, you’re expected to be able to seamlessly switch from executive-level risk conversations to diving deep into controls and technology to driving high-level, strategic discussions around roadmaps and security solutions. You are naturally curious and stay on top of trends and innovative solutions to problems and are always tracking emerging threats in the market. You are not afraid to question processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and ability to focus on the right priorities. You are a clear thinker, thrive in working in a cross-functional team, and are an expert in dealing with ambiguity. You thrive in working in a fast paced, technologically forward leaning environment, and are not afraid to push the boundaries to create new and innovative security solutions.
This will be one of the first product management hires on the Product team, and we are looking for someone to set the bar high for what to expect from product management at Kryptowire. The Product team will continue to grow and evolve, and this early hire will play a key role as a leader on this dynamic and fast-paced Product team and will be instrumental in helping grow the team for years to come.
While there is a preference to finding someone who is located in (or lives near) Austin, Texas, Kryptowire is a company with employees spread all over the world and fully supports remote work and flexible schedules. While this role isn’t expected to require heavy travel, from time-to-time travel may be necessary to support internal meetings, external meetings with customers and partners, and company/industry events.
We are a small and scrappy team, working in some of the best cities in the US and beyond, with a passion for Mobile Security - join us if you are excited about making an impact in a high-growth space!
What you will do in this role:
- Product Strategy & Vision. Define and constantly refine the product strategy and vision using a data-driven and risk-based approach, aligning product features and new product offerings with target customers’ needs to address pain points in new and innovative ways.
- Roadmap. Develop and maintain product roadmap(s) that prioritize features to address new and existing use cases according to market needs, key customer and partner commitments, and competitive gaps; deliver audience-specific product roadmap presentations and materials to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Product Launch. In partnership with the Marketing, Sales, and the rest of the Product team, define and execute product launch milestones, including rolling out early customer alpha/beta testing programs, communicating key release information to internal and external stakeholders, supporting product marketing with the creation of product collateral and sales enablement materials, and meeting with and presenting to customers and partners to ensure a successful launch of new products and product releases.
- Pricing. Analyze the market, customer price tolerances, competitor pricing, and other factors to define and constantly refine product and services pricing.
- Competitive Analysis. Research, document, and communicate competitor product and service offerings, and create competitive positioning materials to support Marketing and Sales in messaging and selling against primary and secondary competitors.
- Customer Advocate for Engineering. Serve as the “voice of the customer” and conduit of customer needs and expectations to ensure the Engineering team has a clear grasp on what problems they are solving and why those problems need to be solved
- Needs and Feature Definition. After thoroughly investigating customer pain points and use cases, define new features that are needed to enhance the current solution for customers or solve new customer problems by clearly communicating customer needs through user stories that help Engineering understand why a feature is being developed and not just what is being developed.
- Persona Development. In partnership with product marketing, develop persona materials to be used by marketing, sales, technology partners, and channel partners to understand buyer, champion, decision maker, and technical influencer needs and how the company’s offering(s) addresses them.
- Product Positioning. Develop, constantly refine, and clearly communicate product positioning to key stakeholders to ensure alignment around what markets we are serving, who within those markets we are serving, how we serve the customers within these markets, and how our solution(s) in these markets are unique and different than other solutions in these markets that are trying to solve the same or similar problems.
- Product Marketing. Support the product marketing team and the marketing team in the development of product collateral, product messaging, persona development, and sales enablement materials.
- Sprint Planning. In partnership with Engineering, clearly define the goals of the sprint and prioritize the work that needs to be done during the sprint while also supporting Engineering in understanding requirements and user stories.
- Release Tracking. Monitor and manage progress during development to ensure timely delivery of product releases and communicate all relevant updates to the rest of the Product team and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
- Backlog Grooming. Constantly manage the product backlog to ensure backlog features are being prioritized for development and kept updated until they are ready to be handed off to Engineering.
To be successful, we need someone in this role who has:
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, and/or Engineering, with at least 5 years of experience directly in a Product Management role (preferred experience at a startup and/or cybersecurity company)
- Experience hiring and managing direct reports
- Experience working on a fast-paced team in an evolving technology space
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, or a related field (MBA preferred but not required)
- Demonstrable experience managing product launches, defining product requirements and user stories, and collaborating with software Engineering teams
- Experience with Agile development and product management and related tools, including Jira
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive deep product insights from data
- Conflict management skills including the ability to work with and resolve conflicting priorities and requirements
- Experience analyzing market segments and sizing markets served to leverage quantitative and defensible information when making decisions
- Ability to make quick decisions while also analyzing risk vs reward and knowing when further investigation is warranted before making a decision
- Experience launching new products and offerings into the market including managing key milestones from early launch planning through delivery to customers and partners
- Built and executed go-to-market strategies across multiple customer segments, from SMB to Large Enterprise
- Solid knowledge within the mobile device, mobile management, and/or mobile security technology spaces and associated customer needs
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to work across teams within the company as well as with external stakeholders and partners
- Previous experience working directly in the mobile security space is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kryptowire is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.