CORMETECH is a world leader in providing solutions to our clients’ needs through the design and manufacture of high-quality environmental catalysts and structured sorbent materials for CO2 capture, and in providing catalyst regeneration and engineering services, for the power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets.
The RD&E Department’s primary mission is to lead the innovation programs required to meet the company’s vision of growth and provide solutions for our clients, through pursuit of applied research and development, with a deep understanding of engineering and scientific fundamentals. Focus areas for the Department include the development of new products and processes and the improvement of existing products and processes (from ideation and screening through to commercial launch), product testing, characterization and modeling, the design and build of new test and process equipment, the setting of product and manufacturing process specifications, failure mode and root cause analysis studies, and applications development. These efforts support CORMETECH’s Mission to “deliver innovative products and services that improve air quality and maximize stakeholder value”.
The RD&E Department’s Technicians are key enablers facilitating program work activities. Their responsibilities include performing experiments, operating lab catalyst test reactors, sorption units and analytical equipment (such as SEM-EDS, TGA with evolved gas analysis, DRIFTS), compiling data sets, troubleshooting and repairing equipment, and performing preventative maintenance, and synthesizing test samples (catalysts and sorbents).
Currently, we are expanding our team, and are hiring a full-time, permanent Technical Assistant.
- Administrative work to support the Department of Energy funded cooperative agreement projects.
- Database entry / management for catalyst and adsorber activity and characterization data.
- Lab work, using testing and analytical equipment, to produce activity and characterization data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Special projects as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Associates degree in science, engineering, or technical field.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Good laboratory practices.
- Ability to work safely, following all safety policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ability to operate and care for laboratory analytical instruments.
- Satisfy all certification requirements for lab-scale operations, testing and monitoring equipment.
- Intermediate MS Excel experience.
- Good communication skills both in writing and orally.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong general computer ability.
- Some analytical abilities.
- Ability to effectively work well and cooperate with others.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering.
- 1-2 years of work in a laboratory role.
- 3-5 years of technical or laboratory experience.
- Typical laboratory environment, climate-controlled, with mechanical noise and some dust from materials.
- Varying temperatures from cool to warm, in the laboratory, office area, and production area.
- Standing, stooping, bending, walking, squatting, and climbing frequently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others regarding work issues and problems.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to a height of five feet occasionally.
- Ability to disconnect, move, and connect compressed gas cylinders.
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.