CORMETECH is a world leader in providing solutions to our clients’ needs through the design and manufacture of high-quality environmental catalysts and structured sorbent materials for CO2 capture, and in providing catalyst regeneration and engineering services, for the power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets.
Members of the RD&E Staff at CORMETECH are engineers and scientists with a passion for innovating to meet clients’ needs and grow company profitability, and have diverse backgrounds in chemical, materials, and ceramic engineering, as well as chemistry and other scientific disciplines. The Staff’s primary mission is to lead the innovation programs required to meet the company’s vision of growth and provide solutions for our clients, through pursuit of applied research and development, with a deep understanding of engineering and scientific fundamentals.
Program activities for RD&E Staff include the development of new products and processes and the improvement of existing products and processes (from ideation and screening through to commercial launch), product testing, characterization and modeling, the design and build of new test and process equipment, the setting of product and manufacturing process specifications, failure mode and root cause analysis studies, and applications development. Throughout program execution, Development Staff collaborate closely with other stakeholder Departments (Sales, Design Engineering, Production, Procurement, Finance, Quality, Sr. Management, and customers) to ensure that their work efforts have maximum positive impact towards achieving CORMETECH’s Mission to “deliver innovative products and services that improve air quality and maximize stakeholder value”.
RD&E Staff members’ areas of expertise include ceramic processing (batch mixing, extrusion, drying, calcining), chemical activations, product and process development, catalysis, adsorption, material characterization, activity testing, transport phenomena, thermodynamics, kinetic modeling, process modeling, and reactor/system modeling.
Currently, we are expanding our team, and are hiring a full-time, permanent RD&E Staff member position at the Sr. Development Engineer level.
- Contribute significantly to achieving CORMETECH’s vision and mission.
- Develop individual objectives with department leadership and stakeholders, in the context of CORMETECH’s vision, strategy, and vital initiatives.
- Develop plans to meet objectives, working with department leadership and stakeholders, including measures of success, deliverables, tasks, and timelines.
- Assure that safety and environmental stewardship are key considerations in the execution of the established objectives.
- Execute plans; complete deliverables and meet success measures, in a timely fashion.
- Manage by prevention. Assess risks and develop mitigation strategies to help reduce errors and meet expectations for the deliverables.
- Communicate status of objectives to department leadership and stakeholders, identifying issues as they occur and associated recommendations to resolve them.
- Innovate: continuously improve what we do and how we do it.
- Promote teamwork to best utilize resources and maintain a positive work environment.
- Other duties and / or special projects as assigned.
- Travel to field sites is required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or equivalent.
- Three or more years of industry experience, or an advanced degree.
- Strong knowledge in, and experience with applying, principles of thermodynamics, transport phenomena, and process control.
- Practical experience with new process / adsorber / reactor design, build, and commissioning, especially on the lab- or pilot-scale, including:
- Setting technical and functional specifications
- Specifying equipment, instrumentation, controls (PLC), and automation
- Making drawings (PFD, P&ID)
- Procurement, vendor management, fabrication supervision
- Commissioning and acceptance testing
- SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
- Aspen or similar process modeling software.
- Strong initiative, self-motivated individual.
- Strong safety focus.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering with focus on catalysis and sorbents.
- Experience with environmental catalysis and a catalyst manufacturer.
- Office environment.
- Laboratory environment around chemicals, reactors, and analytical equipment.
- Typical ceramic production environment with mechanical noise and dust from raw materials.
- Varying temperatures from warm to cool.
- Working on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry 25 pounds occasionally.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Walking, stooping, bending, crouching, twisting, climbing, and kneeling.
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.