Navigator Credit union is currently recruiting for a Mortgage Loan Officer. If you have a passion for exceptional service and relationship building and want to work as part of a team that focuses on creating substantial value in the communities we serve, we want to hear from you! INCENTIVES PAID based on production. We encourage all interested, qualified candidates to apply. We provide paid vacation, paid holidays, 401k with a company match, medical, and several other benefits for our team members. Navigator Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Navigator does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
ROLE: Originates first and second mortgages, loan assumptions and endorsements. Solicits new mortgage business, maintains good outside working relationships, and promotes the organization’s products and services.
· Conducts the loan interview and secures borrower information necessary to initiate a loan transaction. Then provides loan information and services to members, realtors and others as needed.
· Analyzes tax returns, appraisals, title commitments, etc. to make a decision as to approvability of request.
· Makes underwriting decision based on credit union policies and procedures and adhering to all compliance requirements that apply.
· Notifies borrower of denial or updated status throughout the origination and underwriting process.
· Responds to inquiries from prospective borrowers regarding all types of mortgages and construction loans, provides requested information regarding the credit union’s lending policies and procedures.
· Prepares loan file for closing, verifying adequate insurance coverage and mortgagee listings, generates closing documents and verifies lender fees are paid as requested.
· Performs compliance checks for Ability to Repay and Qualified Mortgage guidelines.
· Orders all documentation necessary to adequately underwrite loan file including credit reports, appraisals, title commitments, verification of income, employments, mortgage history etc.
· Orders inspections and reviews file to approve disbursements on construction loans.
· Maintains close relations with others in the mortgage industry, home construction industry, and real estate industry to be knowledgeable about property values and to build a network of professionals.
· Maintains working knowledge of FNMA Secondary Market guidelines to perform loan origination for loans sold to Superior Financial Solutions.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
· College Degree preferred.
· Maintain registration active, and current, with the National Mortgage Licensing System throughout employment.
· Fair Lending training documentation/certificate preferred.
· Experience with Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), and Federal National Mortgage (Fannie Mae), construction loans, and reverse mortgage loans.
· Knowledge of current mortgage loan interest rates.
· Knowledge of mortgage guidelines.
· Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
· Ability to manage time, problem solve, and achieve goals.
· Reliable self-starter that can work independently or as part of a team.
· A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in this position.
· Must be able to conduct in-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, internal and external of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature.