$1,500 sign-on bonus: $750 to be paid at 6 months. $750 to be paid at 1 Year. Non-agency, direct-hire candidates are eligible.
The Forklift and Saw Operator is responsible for cutting aluminum and steel bar stock to size as well as performing maintenance on saw as needed. They also will spend the majority of their time on a high-lift swing reach forklift picking orders and keeping inventory.
2nd shift is 2:30pm-1am M-T with potential overtime Friday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Operate swing reach forklift 85% of time to retrieve and stow pallets
· Organize and maintain accurate inventory
· Replenishment of inventory
· Cycle counting
· Cut bar stock
· Maintain grease points on saw
· Fill and change coolant tank
· Change saw blades
· Clean saw auger
· Assist in shipping/ receiving and stocking when necessary
· Follow safety rules and keep a clean/orderly work area
· Perform other duties as required or assigned
** Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.**
Reports directly to the Logistics Manager
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, certifications, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education / Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Permits, and Certifications
- Forklift certification (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Basic computer skills
· Basic math skills (standard and metric)
· Ability to follow work instructions accurately
· Ability to do accurate work at a rapid pace
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
· Ability to work well independently as well as with others
· Have attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to proficiently read and write in English
· Ability to follow all safety rules
· Ability to count various items with a high degree of accuracy
· Knowledge of packing, shipping, and receiving methods
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit majority of the day
- Ability to walk, lift, push, pull, bend, and sit as needed
- Demonstrate proper lifting techniques
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee may be exposed to while performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Climate controlled
- Industrial setting
- Brightly lit
- Dirt, grease, oil, and metal shavings from machinery