Position Summary: The Assistant DC Manager is responsible for the success of assigned responsibilities within the DC environment which include, but are not limited to: supervising, planning, and coordinating the activities of assigned warehouse teams, assisting the Warehouse Manager with hands on training, coaching and developing warehouse staff, serving as a problem solver and liaison between the DC and other departments in the building, and assisting the DC Manager to focus the DC on providing the best customer service, continuous improvement, and efficiencies in the industry while meeting organizational and operational objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily staffing
- Plan, forecast, & schedule workloads among teams & team members to ensure efficient work is performed
- Manage temporary staffing agency vendors and temporary staffing resources
- Oversee and coordinate approved leaves with area managers and supervisors
- Assist DC Manager with seeking continuous process improvements (including leveraging technological, procedural and personnel resources) to
- reduce DC costs, improve efficiencies, and maximize Toysmith’s return on investment
- ensure resource allocations and focus within the DC remains centered on highest ROI activities.
- Analyze, communicate, evaluate, and maintain operational metrics and/or KPI’s.assisting the DC Manager with skill based pay and assisting leaders to grow the KSA’s of their employees cross-functionally within Toysmith.
- Motivate self and others to accomplish objectives; delegate appropriately
- Use leadership and management skills to inspire, encourage, and reinforce positive behaviors, attitudes, and processes to
achieve best-in-class customer service.
- Train, coach, and develop warehouse team members to grow within their current and/or future career paths.
- React quickly and appropriately to problems in the DC and follow up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable.
- Maintain a clean warehouse environment to facilitate work flow, safety and productivity.
- Ensure that work related health and safety requirements are met or exceeded.
- Keep warehouse leadership and HR informed of personnel and safety issues as they arise.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required and/or assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- 4 year degree or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience
- 2-3 years of experience providing positive leadership within a fast-paced, mid-sized DC
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example in areas of dependability, work ethic, attendance, integrity, follow through, teamwork, empowerment and taking ownership of outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and high comfort level using computers
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend written and verbal instructions in the English language
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent basic math skills
- Ability to work interdepartmentally to accomplish common goals
- Current forklift certification or ability to earn certification within 6 months of placement, and demonstrated ability to use other warehouse equipment (order picker, manual/electric pallet jack etc.)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and be on-call when needed, to include possible weekends
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study
- Working knowledge of Accellos WMS and ability to train others in the system
- Bilingual fluency in English and a second language
- Current 1st Aid/CPR/AED certification or willingness to become certified/recertified.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please:
1. submit your resume at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/fbd9906b-b1ad-43b5-a901-720f03463868/Toy-Investments-Inc AND
2. and take our short survey (approx. 10 minutes or less): https://go.apply.ci/s/SqyAdp6gGl
Toysmith is an EOE
As much as we would like to reach out to all candidates, due to the expected high volume of applications only those chosen for the interview process will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact us.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our staff and customers as safe as possible, we are taking Covid19 precautions such as encouraging vaccinations, social distancing, availability and use of PPE's (masks and hand sanitizers) if/when social distancing less than 6 feet cannot be maintained.