The Curriculum Designer will use a variety of creative tools to create attractive and informative printed and promotional pieces and products often within brands and templates that are already produced. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Adapt previously designed pieces with updated information to create new promotions and advertisements.
- Use existing branding guidelines to create educational materials for various projects.
- Develop worksheets, posters, illustrations, and age-appropriate student activities for curriculum.
- Maintain consistent branding & design presence across all promotional channels.
- Market products and events with strong, personal calls to action.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regularly attends a local, Bible-believing church.
- Strong skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Familiarity with workflow and collaboration solutions like Basecamp, Google Docs, Dropbox, and similar.
- Skills in layout, design, eye flow, information architecture, readability, typography, and color theory.
- Good understanding of principles of branding and its relationship to design and cohesive marketing.
- Using customer-first marketing practices to create designs that help users and maximize engagement.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient - tackling problems in a timely manner
- Independently resourceful - researching solutions with minimal supervision
- Organized - able to keep track of multiple concurrent projects
- Creative - thinking “outside the box” for optimal solutions to difficult problems
- A fast learner - adapting to new methodologies with minimal coaching
- Humble - giving and receiving criticism with a graceful spirit
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent experience.
- Recent two years of experience doing design professionally.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating artistic creativity, concept innovation, technical knowledge, branding cohesiveness, and understanding of visual representation of content.
Items Needed for Possible Employment
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Portfolio (portfolio on website preferred)
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen