Full time, Part time, Flexible hours
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
ASL Proficiency Required
TLC Diversity Statement:
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members' diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches, experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone can feel they belong.
About Marie Philip School:
MPS enrolls nearly 200 deaf and hard of hearing students on our Framingham, MA campus in an ASL/English bilingual, bicultural educational model.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and families. To learn more, click here.
For our Mission, click here.
We are looking for dynamic, charismatic and energetic educators to join our family and support our deaf and hard of hearing students!
Classroom Assistants support our Classroom Teachers in providing the physical and instructional needs of students as well as any additional needs in the classroom. Classroom Assistants design and prepare instructional material, and plan and implement various functional activities. They provide direct supervision and monitor students’ work across both an individual and small group environment.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist teachers in preparation of instructional materials and classroom visuals for student and instructor use.
- Conduct instructional exercises as assigned by the teacher; work with individuals or small groups, adapting to students’ individual, medical, physical, communicative, instructional and emotional needs.
- Participate in student data collection, documentation, and interpretation.
- Assume responsibility for the supervision and instruction of students in the absence of the Classroom Teacher.
- Assist students with physical disabilities according to their physical and/or medical needs or personal needs that may include feeding, toileting and personal hygiene.
- Escort and monitor students to and from the classroom and other various activities (lunch, therapies, etc.).
- Implement behavior management plans for individual students under the direction of the teacher.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- A minimum of conversational fluency in American Sign Language required, with native, or near-native ASL fluency preferred
- Ability to work effectively as part of an educational team
- Prior experience working with children preferred
- Ability to communicate and accept and constructively use feedback and suggestions regarding job responsibilities and performance
This position is open on a rotating basis, until all vacancies are filled.