LCCU is looking for a Bilingual Teller who is willing to learn and grow with the organization. The Teller I provides quality, front line service to members, and includes transactional duties, maintaining accurate transactional records, and provides payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures.
Transactions: Performs transactions, including receipt of cash and check deposits, processing withdrawals, and loan payments with accuracy.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amounts, and enters transaction into the appropriate system.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments; ensures payments match balances due, registers payments and generates receipts.
- Maintains working knowledge of related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations for the teller area.
Member Service: Provides a positive member experience through quality service in the performance of transactional duties, problem resolution, and offering solutions based on member needs.
- Greets and welcomes members in a courteous, professional manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient service.
- Learns and applies LCCU service model concepts consistently in interactions with members.
- Is knowledgeable of the promotional and other credit union products and services available to the membership.
- Promotes other credit union products and services
Administration: Maintains work and teller stations organized, performs accurate balancing procedures and other tasks.
- Balances cash drawer and coin sorter at appropriate intervals and at the end of the shift.
- Performs other duties as needed and participates in community events.
- Moves to and changes branches within the region as needed.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- High School diploma (or GED) required; six months of work experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to accurately count/handle cash and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and interest.
- Aptitude for building relationships, quality member service, and ability to resolve member issues.
- Ability to promote the credit union and its products and services.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer software, including email functions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 35 pounds in coin or currency.
Benefits: We provide a challenging and friendly work environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including an employer-paid medical insurance plan, 401(k) plan (with a substantial company match), employer paid life and disability plan and generous paid time off to maintain a healthy work/life balance. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Latino Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.