Lyra Therapeutics (Nasdaq: LYRA) is a clinical-stage company pioneering a new therapeutic approach to treat debilitating ear, nose and throat (ENT) diseases that impact the lives of millions of people. Our goal is to transform the ENT treatment paradigm by providing effective front-line solutions for physicians and new treatment options for their patients. In a Phase 1 study, the company observed a rapid, clinically meaningful and durable improvement in symptom score, with 90% of Chronic Rhinosinusitis (CRS) patients having improved symptoms at 24 weeks. A positive Phase 2 study readout of LYR-210 for the treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis with and without nasal polypsis was recently announced and LYR-220 is expected in the clinic next year. Headquartered in the Boston area, Lyra Therapeutics was founded by George Whitesides and Robert Langer, academic luminaries in the fields of chemistry, materials science and biotechnology.
The Controller will be an instrumental player, responsible for providing business insights to the company’s leaders to measure progress on company performance and assist with enhancing companywide financial reports, including enhanced analytics, cash flow management and consolidated reporting.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department including month and quarter-end close for all entities ensuring compliance with US GAAP and the timely delivery of financial results monthly.
- Lead the preparation and filing of Forms 10 - Q and 10 - K, including footnotes, MD&A, iXBRL tagging and review
- Prepare, review and/or file other periodic SEC documents
- Coordinate the completion of, and maintain supporting documentation for, all areas of external reporting as well as the preparation of GAAP and SEC checklists
- Lead and maintain SEC reporting calendar and coordinate review process with key stakeholders including management, auditors and legal counsel
- Participate in quarterly earnings process, including review of earnings release and scripts, as well as preparation of supporting financials and other related support
- Oversee the annual audit and quarterly process including coordinating the review activities of external auditors
- Respond to FASB proposals and SEC proposed rules on areas impacting the Company
- Assist with responding to SEC comment letters
- Oversee the preparation of financial materials and other materials used in presentations to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Manage internal controls and compliance programs and support SOX compliance efforts of the entire organization
- Partner with external auditors, on complex transactions to ensure accounting issues are properly vetted and concluded
- Ensure all new relevant and applicable accounting guidance from the FASB and the SEC and other regulatory agencies are evaluated and documented. Collaborate with key business leaders to implement any applicable accounting guidance
- Manage and coordinate all compliance related activities with external consultants (e.g. tax compliance, etc.)
- Oversee the administration of the equity compensation program
- Support company financings, including preparation of disclosure schedules, document review, data room development and management, and financial support of due diligence processes
- Oversee the management of leases, contracts, consulting agreements and other financial commitments
- Continually evaluate and drive improvements across finance operations.
- Provide Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis
- BS/BA in accounting or finance; MBA and CPA preferred
- 10+ years of financial and accounting experience. Life sciences / biotechnology industry preferred
- Strong business acumen: proven ability to effectively scrutinize and challenge assumptions and interpret the strategy and priorities of the organization in financial terms
- Excellent project management and leadership skills, with a demonstrated history and ability to engage teams to work together towards common deadlines
- Strong presentation skills to deliver recommendations succinctly and effectively to senior leaders
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Exceptional attitude, attention to detail and ability to motivate teams to do the same.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional team members and with external partners
- Works within and meets all deadlines while executing on multiple deliverables
- Experience using ActiveDisclosure software and similar tools; experience with NetSuite a plus
- Proven ability to set and meet ambitious deadlines, manage numerous multifaceted financial matters and see projects through to conclusion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with both scientists and management
- Capacity to distill complexity and to communicate decisively with sound judgment
At Lyra, we value creativity, leadership, and collaboration. The company sees significant expansion opportunities for our platform, and look for people who are driven to succeed, innovative, and adaptable. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to join a fast-paced, high performing team.