FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Performs entry-level metal welding skills requiring normal technical know-how, dexterity, and experience by using a manual hand-held welding gun, powered by an electric generator or rectifier type machine.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Produces welded components by following established procedures, using short arc and spray transfer on designated weld fixtures to meet production requirements.
- Hangs processed components on a monorail or places them in a skid/pallet in accordance with established procedures for further processing. Moves materials into and away form weld fixtures both manually and with use of a bridge-crane.
- Follows established procedures and engineering drawings/blueprints to meet engineering specifications.
- Prepares and maintains the welding machine for production without assistance by following operator’s manual and verbal instructions to obtain acceptable welds; adjusting controls as necessary; assists with Robot welder operations.
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; detecting malfunctions; and inspecting processed parts.
- Resolves production problems by working as a team player with leadmen and supervisors.
- Ensures operation of equipment by performing routine maintenance; following machine manufacturers’ instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions and reporting all discrepancies and malfunctions to supervisor immediately.
- Documents work activities by using time sheets and work orders records per established procedures.
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Produces goods of high quality in a timely manner and to the best of his/her ability.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Serves in other job capacities, labor pool or where qualified on a short-term basis.
- Vocational school training or equivalent on the job training to qualify
- A welding test will be given prior to award of the job to qualify any applicant
- Holder of this job must pass designated welding certification test in the flat position within six (6) months of the job award date
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Note: The above description reflects the general details of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Advancement to Welder II is dependent upon time and ability development.