* $100 bonus available upon hire, another $100 bonus at completion of 90 day probation period.
Promotes a recovery based approach to members who have recently experienced a crisis episode. Emphasizes hope, respect, self-direction and empowerment by providing peer support, education on community resources and other support and rehabilitation services, to aid in members’ recovery from mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders. Increases and strengthens coping skills within 45 days to help prevent re-admission to hospital. Guidance and direction is provided by the Program Manager and Site Director.
· Attempts contact with-in 24 hours of receiving referral in order to start PACT process in bridging from crisis episode to community supportive services.
· Provides peer support to member in an inpatient setting, coordinating with hospital inpatient staff, and assists in discharge planning.
· Provide support and rehabilitative services to achieve members’ goals through the use of one-to-one supportive services.
· Assist member with enrolling in an Health Home Agency if needed, coordinates with Intake Agency to ensure effective service delivery, and completes ART meetings.
· Makes sure member attends follow up doctor’s appointments including the provision of transport if needed, utilizing agency vehicle.
· Completes Crisis and Wellness plan with member as a tool to help member utilize community supports and resources.
· Once services are completed, ensures and facilitates an effective transition back to Health Home Agency.
· Assist members in articulating personal goals for recovery and works with the member and their treatment team to determine the steps needed to achieve these goals.
· Works with member to navigate and use community resources in an effective manner.
· Supports safety of member’s living environment (personal safety, food supply, utilities and appliances working, adequacy of furnishings, and lack of fire hazards).
· Provides instruction in activities of daily living (nutrition, meal planning, shopping, and meal preparation; budgeting; home cleaning and organization; personal grooming and laundry) if needed.
· Communicates with clinical team regarding members’ level of independent functioning and current levels of support provided.
· Advocates for members, as needed, to ensure delivery of necessary services.
· Completes documentation for behavioral health record in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
· At least 21 years of age
· High School/GED + 2 years’ behavioral health experience OR
· AA or Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field
· Graduation from Peer Support training, required within one year of employment
· Must have first- hand knowledge of a behavioral health condition or substance abuse issue, having received treatment or medication personally OR identify as a family member of someone in recovery
· Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills
· Ability to implement organization-wide activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, developing policies and procedures for programming, and organizing the functions necessary to accomplish the activities)
· Valid Arizona Driver’s license, Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position with a Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
· Current 1st Aid and CPR certification
· Proof of TB within the last year
· Fingerprint Clearance required for hospital admission.
HOPE, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HOPE, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.