About Moody Center:
The “Live Music Capital of the World” is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in April of 2022, Moody Center will provide Austin, TX with a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Moody Center is being constructed on land owned by the University of Texas. The $338 million venue is being privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/ C3 Presents, Matthew McConaughey and The University of Texas at Austin.
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe winning matters, our fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams achieve unimaginable results, honoring the culture and music history of Austin, Texas is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility. Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more about this venue.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison between various departments (HR, Finance, Events, etc.) and the Operations Department.
- Serve as liaison between contractors and facility as directed. Assist and interact with clients and vendors.
- Maintain a variety of files and records of information such as attendance, budget, event files, vendor files and expense reports.
- Research and prepare information for comprehensive reports. Assist in the drafting, proofreading and processing of these reports and related documents.
- Manage the travel of the Operations and Engineering team when needed ensuring coordination of scheduling, travel modes, coordination with offsite meetings, etc. Manage related expense reports in expense and reimbursement systems.
- Receive incoming communication or memos on behalf of the VP of Operations, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, expense reports and other documents.
- Schedule and attends meetings/calls as needed to listen, learn and take notes and to coordinate any immediate follow-ups.
- Perform office tasks including maintaining records and ordering supplies.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-2 years of experience as an administrative/office assistant is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Experience in stadiums, arenas, and/or convention centers is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.