Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
This position is an administrative and working managerial position in support of the Manager of Operations and deals with all aspects of facility operations. Work includes maintaining personnel records, training, purchasing, budgeting, and delegation of responsibilities to appropriate subordinates. This position oversees the day-to-day front of house and back of house operations of Rupp Arena/Central Bank Center.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and communicates all event production information to the Operations Department Staff and 3rd party help to ensure that all events are executed in a timely and professional manner
- Supervises the performance of the various crews of Operations Staff and/or 3rd party contract labor on all non-event days, event days, and overnight changeovers.
- Oversees the installation/removal and maintenance of all events related assets including, but not limited to, staging, basketball court flooring, banquets, convention set ups and decorator services.
- Assists with preventive equipment maintenance duties.
- Must be fully versed and skilled in all operations including, but not limited to, forklift, hand tools, power tools, floor scrubbers, carpet scrubbers and floor maintenance tools.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling of Full-Time, Part-Time and Sub-Contract staff.
- Aide in the reviewing and updating the policies and procedures manuals for the Operations Department.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Rupp Arena/Central Bank Center’s Risk Management Program comprised of OSHA safety regulations, Security and Emergency Management Programs
- Helps oversee the use of Rupp Arena/Central Bank Center’s CMMS program.
- Assists with the ordering of all safety and day to day operational supplies for the Operations Department.
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of current management principles and practices including supervisory skills, budgeting, and scheduling of employees; must also possess mechanical abilities and the knowledge of basic tools
- Composure: exhibiting the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Independent worker
- Prior experience and knowledge of event production and operations, including coordinating events with promoters, pre-event planning, and the organizing of the facility
- Must have a minimum of three year’s event operations experience in a similar facility
- Must possess the ability to meet the physical demands of this job which include being able to access all areas of the facility, lifting and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds, moving, climbing, and working at various heights
- Must possess the ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strategic Thinker
- Attention to Detail
- Works well under pressure
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.