TAKE YOUR NEXT S.T.E.P. and enter our S.T.E.P. program (Shorkey Technician Education Program). Whether you are taking your first step into being becoming an auto technician or you just want to change career path, start taking your next step in our program, S.T.E.P. may be right for you.
Don't pay money for a trade school when we provide you with same training absolutely free to you! You even earn an hourly wage while you learn. How many programs are like that out there?
With earning potential reaching the 6 figure range, the right individuals will be taught and trained. If you become part of this program you will earn your state of emission certification, be factory trained, and after successful completion of the program, offered a position at one of our Jim Shorkey rooftop’s.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
- Enter the program with no skills or some skills and have the willingness to learn is S.T.E.P. one.
- From there, we train on the basics from safety, documentation, checking over vehicles, and light mechanical work.
- S.T.E.P. two of the program is to continue the basics, but with the addition of medium mechanical work. Welcome to Electrical, diagnosis, and state emission certification.
- Final S.T.E.P. of the program is the start of manufacturer online training, continued mechanical training, and preparation for your move to line technician.
- Mentored by a 30-plus-year master technician that has been in the dealership environment for over 29 years.
- State and emissions certifications
- Positive and fun training/work environment
- Veteran team to help you succeed.
- Yearly Recognition Program
- Guaranteed Job Placement at one of our roof top's
- Promotional and Career Growth Opportunities
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Maternity Leave/Parental Leave
- Employee Discount on all services, parts and vehicles
- 401k + Company Match
- Comprehensive and Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with low cost to you.
- Paid Company Uniforms
- Work Life Balance
- Free Paid training (earn while you learn)
Tool Allowance/Bonus Structure
Completed STEP level bonus program:
- Student graduates STEP level 1 = .50 per hour pay increase
- Student graduates STEP level 2 = .50 per hour pay increase
- Student graduates STEP level 3 = .50 per hour pay increase
At time of STEP placement to a rooftop or graduation of the program the student will earn a 750.00 tool voucher/certificate good for the purchase of tools at one of the following tool vendors:
- Harbor Freight
- Matco Tool Company
- Snap-On Tool Company
For each year after, on the students/employee graduation anniversary to a rooftop they will earn:
- Another tool voucher/certificate of 750.00 (to the above mentioned tool vendor) per year up to 3 years
- IE: Year 1 anniversary date = 750.00
- Year 2 anniversary date = 750.00
- Year 3 anniversary date = 750.00
- Equals a total of $3,000 in vouches by the 3rd year anniversary date.
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean MVR
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
- Willingness to learn!