Atlanta Classical Academy seeks a part-time Athletics Support Assistant. This position would report to the Athletic Director on the ACA Atlanta campus. Typical work hours for this role would be Monday-Friday 4:00 p.m. - 8:00p.m. and occasional Saturday hours.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties related to athletics
- Provides support to assigned unit, staff, coaching staff, student-athletes or external partners
- May assist with set up and break down of on and off-campus events and promotions
- Assists the Athletic Director in the coordination of transportation for all athletic contests.
- Assists the Athletic Director in coordination of support personnel for all athletic contests, including game management, ticket sales, security, athletic trainer and emergency personnel and apparatus.
- Assists the Athletic Director in the supervision of the athletic coaches.
- Assists the Athletic Director in the supervision of all contests.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree or completed two (2) years of study at an institution of higher education preferred
- Two (2) years of related work experience with children preferred
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain a driver’s license
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy/Northwest Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy presently employees approximately 100 faculty and staff members, and it is leading the effort to open a sister school twenty-five miles away in Kennesaw, Georgia. Before August 2021, the team will hire 50 new employees and launch Northwest Classical Academy (“NCA”) for approximately 470 students in grades K – 6. NCA would expand each year and ultimately serve grades K – 12. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy and Northwest Classical Academy are independently operated public schools chartered by Atlanta Public Schools and the Georgia Department of Education, and Georgia’s State Charter Schools Commission, respectively. Each are equal-opportunity employers. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”
Atlanta Classical Academy | 3260 Northside Drive, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30305 | AtlantaClassical.org