Greenacres Foundation (GAF):
GAF is a highly motivated service organization focused on using the assets of Greenacres to provide custom-designed hands-on active learning opportunities for children of all ages. All opportunities are customized to the needs of the visiting group which primarily consist of local school groups from K to 8. All school based programs are tied to the national and/or state standards so that they contribute to the success of the classroom teacher.
In 1988 we focused on Environment Education, had one employee and provided hands-on programs about riparian zones for 60 children. Each year we provided programs based on the environment, generative agriculture, equine, and classical arts to over 32,000 visitors. Our programs are of the highest quality. Quality Quality Quality (QQQ) is a core value.
Our dedication to our values: Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, and Green cannot be overstated. Our employees strive to be the best of the best and flourish in a team environment where outcomes are the result of teamwork. Greenacres is not just a place to work – it is a career, a lifestyle, and a place to exude passion for the Mission and Vision of our Founders – Louis and Louise Nippert. We are here to serve the community and change the lives of children.
The Greenacres Education Team is committed to creating exceptional learning experiences for each and every visitor we serve. We offer field trips for children and opportunities for educators and adults for life-long learning. In collaboration with classroom educators, we build customized, hands-on interactive experiences aligned with state and national learning standards.
We employ the most curious and brilliant people. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about the Mission of Greenacres and our values. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join our team. Our education approach focuses on hiring and retaining passionate topic area experts who love to share their expertise and love of their topic with children (of all ages). In this case, the topic is the arts with a focus on music, visual, and dance (think Symphony, Opera, May Festival, Cincinnati Art Museum, Ballet, and others). Your primary focus will be on the development and implementation of curriculum as well as onboarding and helping to develop and support the teaching staff within the Greenacres Arts Center. This role will not only oversee the Arts Education team, but they will also teach alongside them as an Educator for most programs. You must be willing to provide hands-on teaching experiences, dig into the curriculum, and deliver high-quality programming.
The Arts Education Manager position works under the supervision of the Director of Education. The Arts Education Manager will work collaboratively and closely with all of the Education Managers to assure that all aspects of Greenacres reflect the Mission and Values and a culture of transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Responsibilities of the Arts Education Manager will include:
- Hire, supervise, train, evaluate, develop, build Arts Educators and guide/lead them to work as a TEAM as well as excel individually
- Develop and implement educational plans for current and future program sites
- Direct development of outreach program(s)
- Continue ongoing program evaluations and implement changes when necessary
- Maintain a log of programs and programming records
- Teach classes alongside Educators for most programs
- Plan weekly/monthly individual and team meetings
- Mentor employee management of outreach and expansion plans
- Complete administration duties as needed
- Develop ability of each member of Arts Education
- Prepare annual budget for each program site for approval and incorporate in the total budget
- Review actual vs. budget on a monthly basis
- Oversee and approve equipment purchases
- Communicate and coordinate with the Director of Events regarding any maintenance needs and programing within the shared space
Additional Professional Activities
- Collaborate and coordinate with appropriate regional and national organizations to provide volunteer and staff development opportunities
- Attend and present at appropriate local, regional and national association meetings
- Publish in the appropriate journals as the opportunity arises
- Expand, train, and mentor staff to handle all of the above
- Make Presentations to public groups
- Bachelor’s Degree in Classical Fine Arts/Arts History or comparable academic discipline or equivalent experientially gained knowledge.
- 5+ years of demonstrable education or Arts Experience
- Proven administrative and management abilities.
- Management/supervisor skills in order to guide team to meet individual, group, department and organizational goals
- Proven ability to initiate, organize and implement plans
- Demonstrate a history of proven, positive customer service experience
- High attention to detail and excellent judgment
- Ability to meet required deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Motivating and inspiring team members to do their best work
- Keeping team members on task, on schedule and on budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Commitment to working within a functional team and collaborative culture
- Ability to manage and lead a team of dedicated arts educators to assure QQQ and our values of Grace, Good Neighbor Policy and Green.
- Ability to successfully pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test and fingerprint FBI background screen
Why Choose Us?
As a company, we invest in our employees in all aspects of their life. We understand that the health of yourself and families are very important; along with your time here at GAC. All TEAM Members of GAC are a part of Greenacres and live the values that we promote for our visitors: Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, Green, and Quality Quality Quality. Listed below you will find some of the top benefits and perks if you choose to be a part of our team.
- Market Competitive Salary
- Generous PTO Package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plans
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Fun & Engaging Culture
- Ongoing training, education, and industry partnerships that allow you to be up to speed on the latest innovations, technologies, and processes.
GAF is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.