Brunner is an integrated marketing agency with a fast-paced, creative environment. We value Heart, Collaboration, and Attitude in every aspect of our business, especially our team members.
We are looking for an energetic, roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person with experience in public relations. In this client-facing position, you are a public relations lead executing strategic planning, idea generation and account leadership to ensure clients’ success. This is a mid-level position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit leadership abilities by building trust, respect, honesty and results with clients while also serving as their primarily contact for all day-to-day needs, questions and opportunities
- Own the role as lead client consultant to provide PR counsel that mitigates risk and creates opportunities
- Manage end-to-end PR account(s) including strategic planning, PR and content frameworks, financial accountability via budget and hours management and oversight to implementation activities
- Leverage deep knowledge of traditional and contemporary PR activities, as well as critical thinking, to create strategies that incorporate customer journeys, audience segmentations, topical assessments, channel plans and tactics to fuel storytelling that builds brand recognition, credibility and preference
- Oversee creation and maintenance of PR infrastructure materials including, but not limited to, press release templates, media lists, editorial calendars, speaking points, speakers bureau, fact sheets and media kits
- Oversee the creation of compelling PR content that requires little-to-no editing prior to publication including, but not limited to, press releases, bylines, case studies, award entries, social content, blog posts, email content and website copy
- Execute full media relations campaigns including target and narrative identification and development, relationship building, reporting and cross-channel syndication with little to no oversight
- Ability to digest research, data and insights to create informed POVs driven by analytical thinking
- Provide onsite management for client events including trade shows, conferences and workshops
- Sustain and strengthen relationships with members of the media, industry influencers and trade associations
- Stay on top of performance and applicable trends to proactively identify and pitch media opportunities, content recommendations and storytelling ideas to clients
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with other departments within the agency to deliver on our core values of heart, attitude and collaboration
- Take ownership of workload including accountability for individual utilization and account billability rates to manage personal hours, budgets and timelines appropriately as well as client and agency deliverables
- Strong media and influencer relationships
- Strong writing experience, being published a plus
- Experience with Cision, Netbase, WordPress, Tagger Media and/or Sprout Social is preferred
- Experience with applying SEO best practices is preferred
- Detailed eye for style, inconsistencies, and continuity
- Excellent spelling and grammar proofing abilities
- Manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in MAC-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Facebook Power Editor and Outlook
- Video/Photography/Editing skills a plus
- Minimum of six to eight years of public relations experience is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Experience in B2B Public Relations
- Managerial experience a plus
We offer your full traditional benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer commuter and transit benefits, as well as flex funds for you to enjoy your life outside of work. Add to that unlimited PTO, half day summer Fridays and all the holiday time off you would expect.
Flexible Work Policy
It's simple - work where it's most convenient for you! We recognize that we're a mixed group of people with different priorities in our lives, so we empower our employees to create their ideal working scenario...in-office, at home, or a hybrid of both. Keep in mind you might need to pop into the office for a client meeting here and there, or even an agency-wide meeting.
Normal office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time including extensive use of PC equipment.
We like everyone, so we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not consider your race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status when deciding to hire you. We just want you to be you.