To provide assistance to producers in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines business in accordance with Agency procedures and guidelines; to provide customer service to clients as assigned and requested. Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding, and servicing commercial accounts.
• Provide positive, prompt, accurate, and courteous service to clients.
• Coordinate expirations with producer to obtain renewal and/or new business information. Maintain expiration control log.
• Assist in marketing new and renewal business, determine premiums, prepare proposals, presentation packets and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier. Accompany producer to client meetings when requested.
• Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, signatures, and input these transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client or producer for delivery.
• Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative needs, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer when necessary.
• Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
• Perform special projects at management’s request.
• Meet with clients to discuss and handle their insurance needs.
• Keep producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
• Assist other departments and producers in cross selling and account rounding.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Experience: At least two (2) years’ experience in similar position is desirable.
• Education requirement: College degree preferred.
• Must be licensed per state and industry requirements.
• Must be able to understand and analyze commercial lines insurance coverage’s, forms, procedures, and policy rating systems.
• Should have thorough understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages.
• Must desire to acquire advanced insurance designations.
• Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint) and AMS360.
• Professional designation is a plus.