$5,000 sign-on bonus!
Current Opening: Full-time, 37.50 hours per week; Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Granite VNA Hospice Community Registered Nurse delivers age appropriate care to the patient in the home and/or facility setting utilizing standard nursing best practice: assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation within scope of practice defined by the NH Board of Nursing. RNs will effectively interact with patients, care givers and other healthcare team members while maintaining all standards of professional nursing. RNs will supervise Licensed Practical Nurses and Licensed Nursing Assistants assigned to patients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Explain Hospice program philosophy (e.g. services, limitations, bereavement).
- Develops and implements appropriate plan of care (POC) that complies with referral source orders, specific treatment measures, frequency/expected duration and discharge goals in partnership with the patient, healthcare provider, patient representative (if any) and/or caregiver(s) based on thorough assessment incorporating all aspects of patient limitations and goals, and potential discharge environment.
- Documents accurate and ongoing assessment/reassessment, treatment and discharge of the patient: nursing interventions, patient response to care provided, patient/caregiver teaching, and the understanding of these instructions in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Engages the patient/caregiver/family in meaningful education as indicated per care plan.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the POC and other health practitioners, Hospice team members and hospice volunteers, related to the current POC.
- Demonstrates responsibility to effectively coordinate the patient's POC with members of the Interdisciplinary Team and other health professionals through team/patient care conference. Updates patient's goals as appropriate based on interdisciplinary team assessments and reassessments.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team, agency projects, committees, QAPI program and/or other activities upon request and approval from direct supervisor.
- Attends Agency In-service programs.
Other Job Functions
- Supervise Licensed Practical Nurses and Licensed Nursing Assistants assigned to patients according to federal and state regulations.
- Coach, mentor and precept new nursing employees and students.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, accompanied by current New Hampshire nursing license, or compact state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience.
- Three to four years of recent general medical/surgical or skilled/acute care nursing experience.
- Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccine
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Contribution to 401 (k) retirement plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Orientation Program
**You could qualify for a recruitment bonus if hired for this position! This bonus is applicable to external candidates only. In addition, if you previously worked at Concord Regional VNA, you need to have left employment more than a year ago at the time of your application.**