Commonwealth Radiology Associates is seeking an Academic Musculoskeletal Radiologist at Tufts Medical Center. The position includes a full-time faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Description: The section is responsible for diagnostic MSK work (CT, ultrasound, MRI, fluoroscopy) as well as image-guided procedures. The ideal MSK radiologist candidate will provide high-quality clinical service, be actively engaged in teaching residents, medical students, and fellows, and participate in quality improvement and/or value initiatives. Interests in research or scholarly interdepartmental collaborations are encouraged and supported by institutional resources, mentorship, and academic time. The academic appointment will be at a rank commensurate with training and experience.
Who you are:
- Board Certified in Radiology (or equivalent) with a completed fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Able to obtain a Massachusetts medical license
- Passionate and interested in teaching and building a busy clinical practice
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to foster excellence in patient care
- Proficient in interpreting diagnostic radiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and arthrography.
- Experience with orthopedic ultrasound and ultrasound guided procedures is highly desired.
How you will transform patient care:
- You will have a faculty appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine
- You will have significant input in the clinical, academic, and administrative aspects of MSK imaging
- You will perform teaching and scholarly activities in MSK
- You will aid in developing, maintaining, and optimizing the imaging protocols and procedures
- You will be part of a team of faculty members who are actively engaged in resident and medical student education
- You will join a team culture that emphasizes inclusivity, collaboration, innovation, and work life balance
- You will have access to the Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute to support research initiatives that includes collaborations in Artificial Intelligence with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and formal mentorship in grant applications from successfully funded researchers across the medical school faculty
Why join our team: The Radiology Department is an academic practice in which the radiologists serve as faculty for the ACGME Diagnostic Residency programs at Tufts Medical Center and have appointments with the Tufts University School of Medicine. Faculty members are actively engaged in resident and medical student education including teaching conferences, multidisciplinary conferences, and academic projects.
Location: Tufts Medical Center is an internationally-known academic medical center – a teaching hospital where we pride ourselves not only in the sophistication of the care that we provide but the compassionate way in which we provide it. Conveniently located in downtown Boston, the Medical Center is the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine.
To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Work, Live, and Grow:
Boston, Massachusetts is a dynamic, innovative, and historic city with something for everyone. Whether you seek cultural attractions, an intellectual environment, music and entertainment, museums, night life, shopping, fitness, food festivals, or a sunset harbor cruise- you will find it here. The city of Boston is ideally located in close proximity to the coastal beach towns of Cape Cod and the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and the Green Mountains of Vermont which offer great summertime recreational activities from swimming, sailing, fishing, hiking, and rock climbing and great winter activities from Nordic skiing to downhill skiing and snowboarding. Boston consistently ranks as one of the most desirable places in the country to live and to raise a family.
How to apply:
You can apply for this position at the top of this page. Please be sure to include a confidential CV and cover letter with your application.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Ryan Scerra, Senior Provider Recruiter, at Ryan.Scerra@wellforce.org
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.