Central Baptist Village is looking for someone passionate about serving and celebrating seniors to serve as the Human Resources Generalist. The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource department including hiring, payroll, benefits, leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Central Baptist Village is a not-for-profit, faith-based community with more than a century of dedicated service in caring for older adults. We are a CMS five star rated community and our reputation for quality care has brought generation after generation of family members to live and thrive at our community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and performance reviews.
- Support Talent Acquisition Coordinator in the hiring process.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000
Central Baptist Village offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending, paid vacation, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan with employer match. CBV also provides an employee assistance program and access to an on-site fitness center.
- Position works on-site
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- At least two years of human resource experience preferred
- Long Term Care industry experience a plus
- SHRM-CP a plus