Humm – The Drink Better Company is disrupting the healthy beverage space. Our mission is to help you feel good. Humm is one of the nation’s fastest growing healthy beverage companies and an awesome place to work.
We are hiring a Finance Leader who enjoys a fun, fast paced environment in a growing beverage manufacturing environment.
- Key member of the ELT of a lively, mission driven, PE backed growth company
- Lead the finance function
- Focus on profitability while we continue rapid growth
What will make you succeed?
- Strong FP&A skillset
- You’re great at bridging the “What” (#s) with the “Why” and “So What”?
- Connect numbers to what’s actually happening in the business, communicate in a way that drives others to action
- Strong analytic and interpersonal skills enable you to develop deep understanding of the business, why it’s different than what we thought (variance analyses) and you develop great relationships across the company that people follow you.
- You like to roll up your sleeves and do real work. Spreadsheets are your friend.
- You’re a leader and consensus builder.
The Director of Finance is a key member of the Leadership Team and is responsible for the overall financial integrity and performance of the business. This role leads the finance function to ensure enhanced profitability during topline growth at this healthy beverage company. The Director of Finance will maintain reports, analyses, systems, processes, technology and culture that enforce financial rigor and discipline and influence business decisions all while contributing to and driving the culture of Humm.
This role is the most senior finance role at Humm and assumes primary responsibility for driving effective Finance and Accounting processes and monitoring results through strategically driven decision making. In addition to driving company decisions and working closely with the CEO, this role provides critical oversight to business performance, variance identification, corrective action tracking, and ongoing priority setting to achieve profitable growth and retention.
The Director of Finance is a key member of and will regularly interact with the Executive Leadership Team. This role will execute the strategy set by the Senior Leadership Team and will create pipelines and business plans, manage risks and opportunities, and make trade-offs to deliver on targets. Partnering with the business to provide critical financial perspective and insight for business strategies and decisions to help them make data-driven decisions in pursuit of their objectives under the strategic growth plan.
In addition, you will support the finance function and the talent goals of the organization by building a high-performing team and driving efficiencies to foster a mindset of continuous improvement within the Finance team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Create reports, analyses and recommendations to identify profit enhancing opportunities, and proactively work with the Exec. Leadership Team (ELT) to action higher profitability initiatives including pricing, COGS, operational efficiency, and CapEx.
- Own, create and publish regular reporting packages to ELT, Board, and banks - including monthly consolidated financial packages, cross company KPI scorecards, covenant reports
- Prepare variance analyses of actuals to forecast and prior year. Explain and investigate material and/or unusual discrepancies, perform deep dives to understand key business drivers and recommend actions to drive profitability and execute the growth plan
Planning & Forecasting
- Lead the annual budget and monthly forecast processes for the organization, including alignment across departments, establishing efficient and effective processes that drive quality and accuracy and utilizing the opportunity to provide better analytics and insights.
- Drive monthly forecast meetings with each functional leader and the CEO to align the ELT on latest forecasts, recommend actions to drive profitability while executing the strategic plan
- Develop and maintain financial models as key inputs to recurring forecasting
- Working capital management. Maintain cash flow and working capital controls and processes so that the company conserves cash in the near term, meets all financial covenants and knows well in advance of any actions required to ensure compliance.
Business Partnership & Leadership
- Lead and develop the 5-person finance team to work efficiently, effectively interacting with all other departments, and ensure the team that is capable of increasing profitability with the continued topline growth.
- Act as a role model in company culture and champion culture with the finance team and company.
- Lead Humm’s relationship with bankers, auditors, and 3rd party IT outsourcing.
- Key point of contact with PE firm.
- Lead strategic initiatives across multiple functions to improve profitability and achieve/outperform AOP goals.
- Act as a trusted business partner and create an environment to both challenge and support leaders with sound financial guidance and strategic insights.
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset with the ability to embrace outside/in thinking that advances the organization’s agenda and lead implementation of process improvements.
- Provide key inputs to estimate accruals in support of month end process, and step in elsewhere as needed at month end.
- Provide leadership and expertise to the department and to the greater organization in all areas of finance/accounting and embed a financial systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
? Champion the company culture and values.
? Embrace, practice and support Humm policies, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices.
? Maintain constructive working relationships with employees and other department heads.
? Be part of the Win.