Engrain is transforming the way people find, lease and manage property. A recognized leader in next-generation touring technology and map-based data visualization software, Engrain’s advanced integrations and technical flexibility offer solutions for any real estate technology stack.
As Engrain’s Senior Vice President of Finance, you will be accountable for thought-leading and executing the company’s financial planning & analysis (FP&A). Reporting to our Denver-based CEO, a successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 10-15 years of financial planning and management experience in a rapidly-growing environment. Candidates should be on a CFO career track, as this role is intended to evolve into Engrain’s CFO, with responsibility for all Finance strategies and operations.
Who you are...
- Seeking a fast-paced, growth environment at a venture-backed company
- Experienced in the models and nuances of a Software as a Service (SaaS) or license-based product company
- Proactive and solution-oriented: “that’s not my job” is never your first reaction to a problem
- Logical and highly proficient with financial planning, modeling, projections and ad hoc analyses to easily inform and equip senior leadership with insights to drive strategic decision-making
- Technically and technologically adept, set on architecting scalable systems, processes and reporting to improve organizational transparency and agility
- Emphatic about quality assurance in the presenting and sharing of data and insights
- Experienced in leading and developing financial and/or accounting staff
- A reliable teammate with a positive attitude who can define a vision and manage several projects with strong attention to detail
What you'll do...
- Serve as a key member of Engrain’s executive leadership team
- Manage the ongoing financial and operating forecasts of the Company
- Work with Controller, Finance department personnel, and department heads to track progress vs. financial and operating benchmarks; recommend cost and operational improvements
- Proficiency in architecting the systems and data to determine advanced SaaS key performance indicators, such as:
- Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) for beginning, new, net expansion and churn
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Net Dollar Retention
- Participate in Board of Directors meetings, compiling financial statements, Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) input, and discussions as requested by the CEO.
- Oversee planning and execution activities involved with our annual budget, and facilitate e monthly, quarterly and mid-year updates and forecasts in partnership with department VPs and senior management.
- Advise senior management on FP&A methods, tools and business case principles so they can more easily manage the inputs (spend) and outputs (objectives) of their respective business departments
- Analyze and explain the company’s financial results for senior management and Board reporting
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses and create simple simulation/forecast models as required
- Manage corporate cash flow in partnership with Engrain’s Controller
- Identify and implement processes and systems to address operating and informational inefficiencies, cost-saving opportunities and long term ROI pursuits
- Provide advice and support for financing transactions to support company growth needs
- Coordinate with external Company service providers (e.g., financial, legal, and accounting)
What you offer us...
- Degree in finance or accounting (bachelors, MBA, and/or CPA)
- Minimum 10 years experience in FP&A, ideally in high-growth service and/or technology companies, especially software-as-a-service (SaaS) firms.
- Experience working with private equity- and venture-backed companies is highly desirable
- Aptitude with managing complex financial models and analyses
- A high degree of comfort with GAAP and financial reporting to management, boards of directors, external investors, and banks
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Comfort with a range of financial and business productivity software packages, including ERP solutions (Oracle), Salesforce, SaaS Optics, and QuickBooks.
What we offer you...
- Salary Disclosure for Colorado: $170,000 - $175,000 annually + benefits
- A high-profile opportunity managing rapid growth for an industry-leading, venture-backed company
- Opportunities for invitation to equity participation
- Opportunities for rapid advancement within Engrain
- 100% coverage of employee’s health, dental and vision coverage
- 2-10 weeks of paid parental leave + additional paid and unpaid leave options
- Up to 18 days of PTO & 8 holidays per year
- 401k match up to 4 percent
- Annual stipend for personal growth through our Grow450 program
- A fun workplace with on-site amenities including a professional fitness center, flexible & modern workspace, coffee bar, happy hour taps & team member lounge
Engrain's Values - Our Culture is built upon
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.