At TerraCycle, our mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. As a global innovator in the circular economy, our speciality lies in recycling hard-to-recycle materials. Our programs collect and recycle for almost any waste stream such as baby nappies, cigarette butts, face masks and chewing gum, which we then turn into new products, like the world's first shampoo bottle made with beach plastic.
As a social enterprise, we drive positive change by partnering with some of the world’s largest corporations to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. This has seen us engage over 80 million consumers, to raise $44 million for charities and recycle over 1 million pounds of waste. In 2019, TerraCycle was Fortune Magazine’s “Top 10 Companies to change the world”.
More recently, we launched the zero-waste retail platform “Loop”, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop will launch in Australia in 2022.
About the team
You will share TerraCycle’s mission to make waste a thing of the past. You’ll be joining a thriving, purpose-driven team in our waste-free, Sydney office. You’ll be an advocate and agent for change, who can work autonomously, while also collaborating with a tight-knit team of impassioned eco-warriors.
Position reports to:
Brand Marketing Manager
As part of the Marketing and Communications team you will assist the Brand Marketing Manager to conceive and implement targeted and effective marketing and communication plans, with the aim of increasing participation in recycling programs.
- Act as a support contact point between account managers and the broader MarComm team for assigned brands.
- Assist the Brand Marketing Manager to develop marketing plans for brand partners, working with all team members to complete a comprehensive plan covering all MarComm activities such as PR, SM and promotions.
- Create assigned brand edms, check that welcome edms are up to date and supply to Digital Marketing Manager to distribute.
- Program launches
- Create program webpage (both front and back end)
- Brief graphics/create initial collateral required for programs including social media icons, web page resources, posters, and welcome and launch edms
- Work with Brand Marketing Manager to devise activities to create more value for our brand partners
- Manage implementation (including T&Cs), tracking, and completion of all contests and promotional activations, including delivery of prizes
- Ensure brand marketing calendars are integrated into the overall content calendar.
- Update Brand Partnerships dashboard each month and report on insights to inform marketing activities
- Qualifications in marketing or communication
- Demonstrated experience in brand marketing activities that result in specific, measurable actions
- A working knowledge of marketing tools such as social media, email campaigns, retail activations and competitions and how to leverage them to meet business goals
- A creative and practical approach to building brand and program awareness
- Ability to think independently yet work in a close-knit team
- Ability to juggle many tasks simultaneously and switch priorities effortlessly
- Tech savvy with a good eye for design
- Excellent writing skills across a range of mediums
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- High energy, positive entrepreneur and fun team player who can collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience with digital ads, SEO, video editing advantageous but not essential
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please visit our application portal.