The New Product Planning (NPP) Director: Early Development reports to the Senior Director of Strategic Alliances within the organization of the COO. The NPP Director will work across multiple project teams providing commercial leadership and strategic direction on products moving from pre-clinical stages through early development. There is an opportunity to continue on to a commercial path if desired. The NPP Director is expected to work with internal stakeholders to drive evolution and adoption of disease area strategies as well as related initiatives. The NPP Director will provide competitive intelligence and strategic insight to help inform portfolio planning and business decision making.
Strategic Portfolio Support:
· Lead the identification of key value drivers and translate these in the development of Target Product Profiles (TPP), value proposition elements & key decision criteria for commercial success, including POCC criteria (proof-of-clinical & commercial concept) for early-stage R&D programs.
· Gene editing expertise to drive conversations around disease strategies and existing competition.
· Work with R&D colleagues to define and evolve disease areas / commercial areas of interest for the organization.
· Ensure pre-launch strategy and activities in scope with NPP function is well coordinated
· Support development and execution of disease-area-strategy and ensure prioritization of internal and external growth opportunities in line with each disease-area-strategy.
· Translate key Insights from scientific experts (internal R&D colleagues + external opinion leaders) into clear, actionable strategies for the company.
· Understand and communicate requirements for regulatory approval (registration), access to market (pricing & reimbursement), and market differentiation required for the successful commercialization of new products.
· Support and conduct strategic, market, competitive and financial analyses of business development opportunities, including potential acquisitions, divestitures, alliances and strategic investments that are consistent with scientific and business objectives
· Direct integrated market analysis and competitive intelligence investigations to identify current and future trends within key disease settings and across segments of the liver and CNS landscape.
· Work with early innovation to determine best technologies and providers to support long term goals.
· NPV analyses/model-assessment of relevant patient populations, duration of treatment, and timelines based on competitive clinical analyses.
Publication and Presentation Strategy:
· Work with R&D, legal and communications team to develop a presentation and publication strategy that aligns with overall business strategy.
· An advanced degree (MD, PhD or MBA) in business or science or related discipline required
· 10 + years related experience in consulting, corporate development & strategy, or New Product Planning
· Experience in new product planning, marketing or related consulting is required
· Ability to develop and implement strategies based on trends and opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry and the overall health care environment
· Deep experience in the rare disease/gene editing therapeutic area and demonstrated ability to understand and translate clinical/scientific information is required / strongly preferred
· Strong scientific background and ability to engage credibly with internal and external stakeholders around scientific topics
· A strong business orientation and the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives
· Strategic thinking ability to participate in the development of the asset strategy and deliverables
· Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
· Experience working collaboratively and cross-functionally with market research, sales, managed markets, sales operations, medical affairs, business development, regulatory, research & development, manufacturing, finance and legal
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface seamlessly with other parts of organization
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
· Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
· Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
· Remarkably Mighty: You'll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
· Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we're all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.