SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Capital (HC) department including hiring and interviewing staff, assisting with the administration of pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. The HR Generalist is the primary point of contact for applicants, employees, and managers for a variety of HR related inquires. This position maintains overall knowledge of the Company’s HR programs, policies, and procedures and is an ambassador for our Company culture.
The focus of this job is making connections with people, motivating, and inspiring them to achieve results. Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. The job requires a high degree of “selling” of ideas and policies within the organization. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. While there is urgency to goal achievement, responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared and effectively delegated when necessary. Initiating projects and processes beyond established organization practices will often require training and developing others and enlisting their support by using a “selling” rather than a “telling” communication style. A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential. The job has variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success. In general, the core of this position requires a motivated and motivating team builder and organization developer.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Implements, updates, and maintains departmental policies and procedures, including the Employee Handbook.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Responsible for records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, performance improvement plans, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Responsible for maintaining strong professional relationships and rapport with all staff and management.
- Embody, embrace, and demonstrate InBank’s Core Values: Commitment, Innovation, Responsibility, Teamwork, Happiness, and Authenticity.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
Work Experience: Minimum of two years’ professional-level HR work experience with core competencies in recruiting, benefit administration, and compliance.
Computer Skills: Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the Company’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Other Requirements: People oriented. Sees the workforce through the lens of DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion). Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations. Has excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills. Strong written and verbal communication. Familiarity with best practices in employee relations. Exceptional organization, prioritization, and follow-up skills. Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Ability to effectively communicate between key internal business partners.
Preferred Skills/Experience: PHR or SPHR certification preferred. Experience with payroll processing.
The applicant who is selected for this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Targeted pay range based on experience for Colorado candidates: $55,000 - $70,000. This range is an estimate based on potential employee qualifications and other considerations permitted by law under the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. This is a salaried position.
- Bonus Eligibility: Annual bonus based on Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at the Company Discretion at a rate up to 5%-10% of annual base salary.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision insurance. Disability insurance. Employee assistance program. Flexible spending account. Health savings account. Life insurance.
- Paid Time Off: Vacation and sick leave, as well as paid Bank Holidays.
- 401(k): Company match begins with the first contribution and follows the company vesting schedule.
- Other: access to career training and development opportunities, employee discounts.
- For more about InBank and our culture, visit us here: Who We Are
InBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.