Doing retail better. This mantra has guided NewMark Merrill over the last 40 years: through changes, challenges, varied economic and industry disruption. We hold true to our core beliefs of connecting with communities, creating authentic environments of unsurpassed opportunity for merchants and sharing our passion for retail real estate with innovative team members.
With offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Chicago, NewMark Merrill owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of retail assets comprised of over 2,000 tenants across 80 cities.
As a boutique-sized firm, we offer both the benefit of large portfolio economies of scale paired with agile decision-making capability and individualized attention from senior leadership.
By combining close relationships with communities, hands-on engagement with our merchants and shoppers, and industry leading investments in technology and data collection, we provide the insights that help ensure our tenants have the tools to succeed in our centers.
The combination of understanding the communities we serve, and world class technology allows us to maximize value and create exceptional experiences that convert visitors into loyal customers.
Our people are what make NewMark Merrill the successful and innovative company it has become. With an unwavering commitment to the success of our partners, the communities we serve and the development of our people, we have created an authentic and proactive culture that sets NewMark Merrill apart.
Go to www.newmarkmerrill.com to learn more about the company and its culture.
As the VP of Acquisitions & Development for the Mountain States Division, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day oversight of our retail development activity in the primary market areas of Colorado. NewMark Merrill opportunistically seeks large and small-scale ground-up developments, single tenant pad developments, and existing retail center acquisitions that are logical for redevelopment and repositioning. You will ensure that these opportunities are integrated into the portfolio's operations and that projects will meet the company's plans, goals and objectives.
- Pursue retailer requirements in new markets, pursue various development leads and canvas strategic properties in target trade areas with eye toward ground up development and acquisition of existing centers to be repositioned.
- Operate in the primary market areas of Colorado and other surrounding markets that the Company may consider from time to time.
- Connect and build long term relationships with owners, cities and brokers and research potentially attractive opportunities for the firm.
- Conduct thorough initial feasibility analysis and gain a firm understanding of significant issues affecting a property’s potential future performance.
- Develop financial proformas and conduct on-going financial assessments of all income and expense expectations for the properties.
- Manage and oversee in-house and 3rd party brokers to solicit and generate key tenant interest for new opportunities and for all existing Company properties on terms and conditions that match or exceed proforma or operating budget.
- Perform necessary acquisition and pre-development due diligence to confirm initial assumptions before closing escrow or commencing work
- Documenting and negotiating relevant Purchase Contracts, City Entitlements, Term Sheets with lenders and other similar development agreements.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of development including oversight of consultants, contractors, engineers and other vendors with our selected construction team.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or related major and a Colorado Real Estate salesperson license.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years relevant experience with shopping center development and acquisitions in the Colorado market areas.
- Good familiarity with the target markets of Colorado.
- Strong tenant and broker relations.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and be very comfortable with technology.
- Positive team player with strong relationship management skills and a proactive work ethic.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly effective communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Willing to try different ways of doing things to create extraordinary outcomes.