Have you always wanted a career that balances your creativity, customer service and analytical skills with your passion to make difference in the world? Are you interested in learning how to help environmental, social justice and cultural arts organizations connect with people who care about progressive causes?
As an Assistant Program Manager with Avalon Consulting Group - a full-service fundraising consulting agency - you'll learn how to help remarkable organizations achieve their financial goals through direct marketing and digital fundraising campaigns.
This will be an exceptional opportunity for you to learn all facets of direct marketing fundraising campaigns including strategy, creative development, production, management and analysis, all while collaborating with an award- winning, expert team of dedicated, fun, and passionate fundraising professionals.
We are also pleased to offer a “remote-first” work environment. While Avalon has a headquarters office in Washington, DC, any staff member is welcomed to work from the comfort and safety of their home office.
What You'll Do with Us
- Assist Avalon client teams in the development of fundraising program strategies, budgets, and creative direction for their client campaigns.
- Assist with all aspects of direct mail, telemarketing, and digital fundraising campaigns.
- Manage campaign schedules and status documents.
- Proofread and incorporate copy edits.
- Run client reports and help with meeting preparation.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for your clients.
Why You Will Love Avalon Consulting
As one of Washington, DC's most respected, cutting-edge, nonprofit fundraising consulting agencies since 1997, Avalon is committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the funds needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We have created a culture unlike any other agency. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
At Avalon, you'll experience an unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, Avalon is pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health and dental insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
What We Need
You will be a great fit for us if you possess a degree or formal training in marketing, communications, or a related field. Prior customer service experience is a plus. You must be a "rock star" in using Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
In addition, our most successful team members are able to demonstrate the following:
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Enjoyment of collaborative, fast-paced environments
- Self-motivation and the ability to execute responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Strong detail management
- Comfortable being "behind the scenes" in driving donor support
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Consideration of strategic objectives alongside details and immediate concerns
- Exceptional ability to work in teams and collaborate with clients, partners and peers
- Outstanding communications, including both listening and persuasion
- Consistent professionalism and respectful communication
- Ability to keep cool under pressure
- A willing less to learn and knowing when to ask for help
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you. For consideration, please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter here or to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE