Are you a copywriter who is looking to use your creative abilities to inspire, educate and help change the world? Would you like to write copy that inspires stewardship of progressive causes like environmental conservation, social justice, and the cultural arts?
Avalon Consulting - an innovative, full-service fundraising consulting agency - is seeking a Fundraising Copywriter to write fresh, inspiring creative content for our nonprofit clients' direct marketing fundraising programs. You’ll also help define creative messaging strategy for client campaigns and create original fundraising copy for campaigns including direct mail package components (envelope, letter, inserts, reply form), newsletters, emails, websites, social media posts and online ads.
As an integral part of Avalon's award-winning creative team, this will be an exceptional opportunity for you to learn the "art" of fundraising and collaborate with strategic, digital, and analytical teams to create compelling copy that moves people to take action and donate to the causes they care about.
We are also pleased to offer a “remote-first” work environment. While Avalon has a headquarters office in Washington, DC, any staff member is welcomed to work from the comfort and safety of their home office.
Why You Will Love Avalon Consulting
As one of Washington, DC's most respected, cutting-edge, nonprofit fundraising consulting agencies since 1997, Avalon is committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the funds needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We have created a culture unlike any other agency. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
At Avalon, you'll experience an unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, Avalon is pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health and dental insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
What We Need
You will be a great fit for us if you possess:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 2+ years professional experience writing fundraising copy
- A demonstrated ability to reflect varying tones of voice in copy
- Strong grammar, proofing and editing skills
- The ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and tight deadlines
- "Rock Star" skills in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
In addition, our most engaged and successful team members demonstrate the following:
- Enjoyment of collaborative, fast-paced environments
- Execution of responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Strong detail management
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting
- Consideration of strategic objectives alongside immediate concerns
- Collaboration with clients, partners and Avalon team members
- Outstanding communications, including both listening and persuasion
- Consistent professionalism and respectful communication
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you. For consideration, please apply here by submitting your resume, writing samples, and a cover letter or send these items to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE