About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with over 300,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei.
The Assistant, Events/Member Services is a regular full time position that is a unique dual role, split seasonally between the Events (and) Member Services departments. The position is primarily a customer service support role that will support the Events Department from January through July and then transition to the Member Services Department August through December. Cross departmental support is a general expectation of all USAV employees. Additional hours may be required to include nights, weekends and holidays. The position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Provide timely and pleasant customer service to constituents.
- Work with various event administration systems providing support to USAV Regions and club personnel.
- Process incoming event-related revenues, and file and process event registrations.
- Assist with pre-tournament ticket process for all Championship Events to include helping with the setup of the ticket portal and verbiage of notification correspondence.
- Provide in-office support for event department staff, specifically when staff is absent from the office conducting events.
- File and process event registrations (data entry) utilizing in-house system.
- Post event-related information and tournament results on the USAV website as needed.
- Responsible for receiving and responding to MMS help inquires.
- Assist in answering general events and membership requests for internal and external customers.
- Assist in the verification process of registration and work with volleyball regions concerning their registrations/data.
- Assist with data maintenance projects.
- Test current and upcoming processes in USAV partner systems. Identify, troubleshoot and properly report system errors.
- Verify participants in various USAV events meet the required membership and eligibility requirements.
- Produce correspondence, reports, and presentations for various internal and external sources.
- Process refund and discount code requests.
- Assist with preparing, packing, distributing, and shipping materials for events to include signs and printed materials.
- Assist in calculating VIK numbers/amounts for events.
- Order and manage signs and printed materials.
- Provide phone coverage at front desk as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated work experience in customer service support is preferred.
- Possess intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or on a team.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Experience working with database systems is a plus.
- Experience working with sport entities (USOPC/NGB/Region/Clubs) is a plus.
- Experience training constituents on computer programs/databases is a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (prior to hire date).
- Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date and remain current.
- USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees to include:
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Time
- Up to 14.5 paid holidays per year
- 403B retirement plan
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Parental leave
- Robust EAP and wellness program
- Employer paid life insurance
Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company’s discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than January 17, 2022. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.