Do you want to turn your sales or marketing experience into creating positive change? We are looking for someone who wants to make work that matters, who loves a challenge and who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
In this role you will get the chance to work in the sustainability sector on a wide variety of accounts, so no two days at TerraCycle will be the same!
What is TerraCycle?
Operating in 22 countries, TerraCycle is a world leader in recycling hard-to-recycle waste, such as pens, razor blades, toothbrushes, beauty product packaging - even cigarette butts and marine plastics!
We create solutions for waste streams that would otherwise go for incineration or landfill, then transform the collected packaging into new products like outdoor furniture, playgrounds and park benches.
To achieve this, we partner with some of the biggest household brands in the world, including BIC, L'Oréal, P&G and Colgate.
Want to know more about TerraCycle? Visit: https://www.terracycle.com/en-AU/#
Being a Business Development Manager at TerraCycle
TerraCycle Australia and New Zealand are looking for a Business Development Manager to take hold of the consumer brands market. You will be part of and supported by the ANZ BD team. We are looking for someone who is; positive, driven, entrepreneurial and resourceful.
This is a unique role for an individual looking for an exceptional opportunity to work within a global team to drive local business growth. You’ll also be making a difference to the environment while driving awareness of sustainability. We have high growth plans and there is scope for career advancement.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Developing the sales pipeline with brand and category opportunities.
- Creating custom recycling programme proposals that drive ROI and value for our brand / retail partners.
- Connecting with global colleagues to develop client solutions
- Working directly with clients and the Account Management team to execute recycling programmes.
You should have:
- 4-5 years experience in Sales / Merchandising / Marketing in the CPG / Retail Industry.
- The ability to work independently, while able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, featuring attention to detail, ability to prioritise and multitask effectively.
- Exceptional personal presentation skills, personable and approachable with the ability to connect with senior business leaders to understand unique client priorities.
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents.
Our ideal candidate will be:
Someone who has outstanding communication and presentation skills and will positively influence brands and retail organisations to shift further towards sustainability. Other attributes we're looking for include:
- Sales skills - excellent listening, negotiation and presentation
- A solid understanding of how to thrive in a results-driven environment.
- An understanding of long-term marketing strategy.
- Problem-solving, analytical, planning and project management skills.
- Interpersonal and partnership building skills.
- A demonstrated interest in sustainability.