TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics, face masks and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the world’s most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the mid-Atlantic and Northeastern U.S, Paris and Lille France, Canada, Japan and the UK, with plans to launch in Australia in late 2022.
About the role:
The TerraCycle Marketing team is looking for a creative and insightful writer and content producer to help grow and engage our audience and spread the word of TerraCycle’s work through high-quality, compelling, marketing materials. The successful applicant will create content that educates, empowers and inspires to highlight the solutions offered by the TerraCycle range of products.
This is a unique role for a resourceful and curious individual to develop and execute content for a variety of platforms and resources, which includes email direct-to-consumer marketing, TerraCycle website content, social media captions, blogs, educational resources and other print and/or digitally-focused marketing materials.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Deliver content that aligns with immediate and long-term marketing targets of the ANZ MarComms team
- Write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy with a distinct voice for TerraCycle and our partners to raise awareness, drive sales and increase engagement
- Edit, proofread, and improve copy from other team members when necessary
- Collaborate with internal teams to generate and publish engaging content across various channels, including and not limited to: email direct-to-consumer marketing, TerraCycle website, social media captions, blogs, educational resources and other print and/or digitally-focused marketing materials
- Understand TerraCycle’s brand relationships and support communications aspects of those contracts
- Draft blogs for the TerraCycle community platform and external websites as required
- Set and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of communications
- BA/BS required, preferably in journalism, communications or marketing
- 1-3 years of writing and editing experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Strong strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to changing timelines and deliverables in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as pursuing projects independently
- Experience with email marketing software, social media marketing software, and/or project management systems (Trello/Wrike) a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Summer Fridays (half day) December thru February
- Free lunch daily, supplied by local restaurants
- Two volunteering days per year
- Friendly and supportive workplace where sustainability is an actual outcome
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to apply:
Please visit our application portal to share your resume, portfolio (optional) and cover letter.