At TerraCycle, our mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. As a global innovator in the circular economy, our specialities lie in recycling hard-to-recycle materials. Our programs collect and recycle for almost any waste stream - including baby nappies, cigarette butts, face masks and gum - which we then turn waste into new products, like the world's first shampoo bottle made with beach plastic.
As a social enterprise we drive positive change by partnering with some of the world’s largest corporations to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. This has seen us engage over 80 million consumers, to raise $44 million for charities and recycle over 1 million pounds of waste. In 2019, TerraCycle was Fortune Magazines “Top 10 Companies to change the world”.
More recently, we launched the zero-waste retail platform “Loop”, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop will be launched in Australia in 2022.
About The Team
You will share TerraCycle’s mission to make waste a thing of the past. You’ll be joining a thriving, purpose-driven team in our waste-free, central Sydney office. You will be an advocate and agent for change, who can work autonomously, while also collaborating with a tight-knit team of passionate sustainability professionals.
TerraCycle ANZ is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Graphic Designer to join our in-house MarComms team. In this role you will manage numerous projects simultaneously, produce jobs from concept through to final artwork and interpret and develop briefs into strong visual communication solutions. You will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in Graphic Design and have at least one years’ experience in an in-house design studio or within an agency.
We offer an excellent opportunity to develop your experience across a range of projects traversing the TerraCycle group. We support ongoing experiential learning, with mentoring and coaching from the local and global team.
We’re looking for a team player with strong interpersonal skills who thrives on variety and a fast pace.
Position Reports To:
Digital Marketing Manager
As part of the Marketing and Communications team you will create clean, clear and compelling graphic assets to support targeted and effective marketing and communication plans, with the aim of increasing awareness of TerraCycle, value for our partners and encouraging participation in our recycling programs.
- Receive and act on design briefs from the Digital Marketing Manager, Brand Marketing Managers and other MarComm team members as required
- Create visuals for TerraCycle and brand partner content
- Design assets to meet all MarComm activities: web page assets, Zero Waste Box campaigns, Brand and Collector EDMS, PR collateral, Social Media and promotions. This may include:
social media icons, web page resources, posters and welcome and launch EDMs
- Work with Brand Marketing team to create impactful content for brand partners, including activations/promotions/contests
- Execute graphics for recycling collection boxes for consumers, business and retail
- Regularly update TerraCycle and Brand Partner assets for MarComms group and broader team
- Develop and keep an up-to-date visual library to support brand programs, lifestyle content and PR pitches – including logos, graphics, photography, video
- Liaise with design leads in other markets to assist with graphic design tasks
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
Skills and Capabilities:
- Graphic Design qualifications and minimum of a year’s experience in a studio/agency
- Tech savvy with a creative and practical approach to visual communications
- Ability to move between a clean/eco aesthetic and brand content as required
- Demonstrated experience in designing assets to support brand and consumer marketing activities that result in specific, measurable actions
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign)
- Experience in design for web and digital as well as social
- Excellent knowledge of photoshop, Illustrator, Google Suite and collaboration tools such as Wrike
- The ability to develop creative infographics, maps, graphics, iconography, digital assets
- An understanding of file and colour management
- Experience with digital ads, photography (still-life and lifestyle) and videography (for social media and website)
- Ability to think independently yet work in a close-knit team
- Adept at juggling many tasks and switching priorities effortlessly
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- Demonstrated ability to work within existing branding guidelines and templates but full of ideas for creative concepts when required
- Detail driven, organised and self-managed, respectful of deadlines
- Experience in website design/UX, animation, interactivity and email marketing would be advantageous
- Familiarity/experience delivering presentation decks
- A personal interest in sustainable business and lifestyle
- Remuneration in line with experience
- Lunch provided daily from local restaurants
- 2 x volunteering days per year
- Friendly and supportive workplace, where sustainability is an actual outcome
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to apply:
Please email your resume, portfolio link and cover letter to email@example.com
Please visit our application portal.