Founded in 2000, Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is the 3rd largest, private specialty pharmaceutical company in the United States. With our intense focus on application of physical chemistry in the biological systems, coupled with the requirements of manufacturing and market demands, we have grown our employee base over 250% in the past three years. Specifically, we are engaged in research, development, and manufacturing of both OTC and Rx branded products and specialty generic products. Our mission is to understand the science driving the delivery of drugs into the human body; develop and bring to market products that add value to our customers and patients and provide a benefit to our company, employees and society at large.
We truly believe that to innovate and to set us apart, we will need the most talented and tenacious minds. Accordingly, we are always looking for people who are open to challenges, learning-oriented and want to make a difference in their environment. If you want to be a part of a growing, high energy, learning-oriented company and are willing to learn and work hard, we want to hear from you.
We have an immediate opening in our Monmouth Junction, NJ QC Lab for an (Associate) QC Analytical Chemist. This is an entry level scientific position and we will train qualified candidates who meet listed requirements. Recent college graduates are welcome to apply.
The (Associate) Quality Control (QC) Analytical Chemist performs analytical testing of raw materials, packaging components, in-process (IP), finished product (FP), and/or stability samples (ST). She/he is also responsible for following Analytical Methods, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company policies.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, SOPs, and state, federal and local laws
• Performs testing of raw materials, IP, FP and/or ST samples including dissolution, assay, content/blend uniformity, particle size distribution, and other tests according to the analytical methods, United States Pharmacopeia (USP) procedures in a regulated laboratory environment
• Analyzes and interprets test results
• Operates general analytical instruments during raw material, IP and FP testing such as High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Ultra Violet visible spectroscopy (UV/Vis), Automatic Titration, Infra-Red Spectroscopy (IR), Atomic Absorption (AA), Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) and Dissolution apparatus (distek)
• Assists with the identification and troubleshooting of problems with instrumentation and analytical preparations
• Meets project deadlines and performance standards as assigned
• Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
Bachelors in Chemistry or related scientific field AND 0-3 years hands-on lab experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or university laboratory REQUIRED.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office REQUIRED
• Excellent verbal and written communication and skills REQUIRED
• Analytical thinking with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines REQUIRED
· Coachable, fast learner with a constant desire to advance skill set REQUIRED
· Strong training in, and understanding of, basic chemistry concepts REQUIRED
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects REQUIRED
• Ability and willingness to work additional hours as required by business needs REQUIRED
• Hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation (UV, IR, HPLC, and/or dissolution instruments) in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic setting a PLUS
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DNI