Under the direction and oversight of the COVID-19 Response Manager, the COVID-19 Specialist is responsible for providing confidential, appropriate, unbiased, and accurate health and social services resource information. The calls will consist of answering calls regarding vaccination records, help callers check or edit their vaccination records, schedule vaccination appointments or help residents with proof of vaccination in real time so they can use it for travel. This is a temporary campaign (30 days) with your Direct Interactions employment possibly becoming long term.
- MUST BE BILINGUAL Spanish/English (no exceptions)
- Must be available to work 40 hours weekly within the programs hours of operation: Sunday-Saturday 8am to 7pm PST
- You must work at least 40 hours a week with 8 hours being worked on Mondays.
- You must work at least one (1) weekend day per week.
- This is a temporary to possibly permanent position.
- Respond to telephone inquiries concerning the COVID-19 pandemic and utilize appropriate resources provided by the Los Angeles Department of Health to provide accurate answers.
- Provide specific and detailed information to the public about accessing COVID-19 testing, vaccination, data, information.
- Facilitate in caller’s preferred language when necessary to assist with appropriate communication on COVID-19 concerns.
- Consistently maintain an appropriate Agent state in call center software as trained or specifically directed by the COVID-19 Response Manager.
- Collect and enter caller information into LA 2-1-1 electronic record systems in compliance with contract and reporting requirements stipulated by LA 2-1-1 Department of Health.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively converse and relay information.
- Excellent communication, including ability to respond to callers and colleagues alike with patience, objectivity and nonjudgmental attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve.
- Knowledge of COVID-19 and related resources (will be taught).
- Ability to work well in a team; good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow protocols and procedures as directed.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer literacy and clerical knowledge.
- Employment may be contingent upon successfully completing and passing a background check and/or national background check and a reference check.
- Must complete training as directed by the LA 2-1-1 Director and COVID-19 Response Manager.
- $15.00 per hour
- This is a W2 employee position
- Friday January 14, 2022 TIME IS TBD
*WE ARE NOT HIRING IN NEW YORK AT THIS TIME
* If you have any aversion to vaccines, please do not apply.