2nd Shift: 3:00pm to 11:30pm
As a Production Operator at PURIS, you play a key role to ensure the plant has a 90% up time while completing your daily duties in plant operations & food safety. To ensure product quality, a clean work environment must be maintained and Operators are responsible to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority.
PURIS offers benefits that start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, and disability. We offer affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
The Production Operator must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Assist Production Technicians in monitoring and operating plant equipment
- Perform routine and non-routine tasks in a safe manner, in addition to supporting and abiding by the safety culture
- Support the receiving in of raw material loads into the facility
- Fulfill required documentation and process check sheets on a regular basis
- Operate packaging equipment and perform quality checks throughout the process
- Work in loading various types of shipping containers
- Responsible for keeping plant clean and neat
- Assist with plant preventive maintenance and repairs
- Perform other tasks and projects as required
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Prior fork truck experience preferred
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety a plus
Skills and Capabilities:
- Willingness to learn new things and help others
- Writing and understanding written sentences, paragraphs, and directions in work related documents
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Capable of physical labor
- Capable of wearing PPE; including, but not limited to: hearing, eye, and hand protection
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.