OUR MISSION: To build and support mentoring relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth.
As the nation's first and NYC's largest youth mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is recognized for our high standards and effective delivery of life changing programs. With the vision that all youth achieve their full potential, we have provided safe and impactful mentoring experiences to NYC youth since 1904.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to serve as a Senior Manager of Special Events overseeing a portfolio of three large scale revenue generating events. This position is part of a team that manages eight fundraising events at Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City, which generate more than $5MM in annual revenue. Reporting to the VP of Special Events and Donor Cultivation, the Senior Manager of Special Events will serve as the lead for event planning, revenue generation, event management, event production and sponsorship opportunities. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication, creative and entrepreneurial, with the ability to execute high quality special events that meet or exceed annual goals. Candidate will have exemplary relationship building skills and be excited by the responsibility of playing a critical role in securing funding for Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC’s revenue goals.
· Develop the overall planning and management of major fundraising events to include: budget management, acquisition, cultivation and retention of event participants, solicit corporate sponsorships, logistics, pre-and post-event follow up, committee recruitment and management of event committee/s, maintain timeline on all design/creative for event materials, etc
· Develop relationships and work closely with trustees, event chairs, committees, and honorees
· Vendor management: oversee coordination of vendor production schedules (includes: venue contracts, collateral, save-the-dates, invitation design, media loops, printing and mailing, caterers, entertainment, photographers, videographers and consultants)
· Track and manage ticket sales / sponsorships, draft correspondence and solicitation mailings, capture new donor information and execute sponsorship benefit elements
· Develop and coordinate post-event analytics/evaluation to include return on investment analysis, to ensure continued success of events and sustainability
· Provide proactive problem-solving while managing event logistics including auctions, signage, food/beverage, registration, volunteers, staffing, and talent. Also manage speaker’s remarks, transportation and hotel needs as necessary
· Work with CMO to identify and implement ideas on effective marketing strategies and campaigns that appeal to the business community and beyond for events
· Track event expenses and manage budget, produce event timelines and contact sheets
· Responsible for researching and presenting to potential new donor prospects and/or key industry stakeholders
· Responsible for executing various administrative duties including preparations for meetings and events
· Other development projects/events as assigned
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
• Dental, Health, Vision Insurance
• 403b Retirement Plan
• 14 Federal Holidays + Winter Office Closure
• Generous Vacation & Sick Time
• $250 Professional Development Stipend
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Minimum 4 years of event management experience with a proven track record of executing high profile fundraising events · Excellent written and verbal communication skills and superior attention to detail
· Proven track record of ability to multi-task, stay organized when facing multiple priorities with competing time and resources needs
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Raiser’s Edge, Convio/Luminate, Illustrator, Photoshop & graphic design experience a plus
· Ability to work with key stakeholders including Trustees, Event Committee members and staff to meet budget goals with a strong focus on ROI. Extended hours and weekend work required as necessary
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via our Career Center web link: Applications without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources at 212-686- 2042 (phone, TTY, fax, email, etc.), or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants with disabilities may contact our team via telephone, fax, email, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Human Resources at 212-686-2042 (phone, TTY, fax, email, etc.), or email@example.com.