Job Title: Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Position Type: Full Time
Job Location: Trenton, NJ
Reports to: Director, Community Relations/Strategic Partnerships
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J. and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the worlds most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes and thousands of others.
In May 2019, TerraCycle launched its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world's largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondelez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop is currently available in the continuous U.S, and the greater Paris region in France, with plans to expand into several new markets including Canada, Japan, the UK and Australia by the end of 2021.
The TerraCycle Strategic Partnerships team is a unique problem-solving hybrid of Partnerships, Sales, and Community Relations. The team is charged with developing networks of public locations (e.g. Casinos, Cruise Ships, Churches, Municipalities) to collect specific waste for recycling. The team is small, growing, and highly innovative as it looks to develop networks of engaged people who represent larger communities.
Are you a great storyteller, an outside of the box thinker who likes to problem solve, and a natural modern sales person who understands no one wins unless everyone wins? We’re looking for a detail oriented team player to help us build active, engaged networks of collectors and help build and manage the company’s relationships with municipal, corporate and nonprofit partners to provide litter reduction and recycling solutions. This is a unique role for a resourceful and driven individual looking to develop, onboard and manage strategic partnerships on behalf of TerraCycle.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a pipeline of network partners which can range anywhere from school districts and municipalities to hospitality, specialty retail, environmental and conservation organizations.
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic partners and present customized partnership opportunities to current and potential partners.
- Work with the team lead to develop, refine, and enact the Strategic Partnership roadmap
- Sell or provide products and services (e.g. litter collection receptacles and promotional materials) to partners to support joint initiatives.
- Navigate partner organization’s waste management policies, environmental goals and regulatory requirements.
- Manage partner obligations and opportunities across teams within TerraCycle, including Operations, Legal, PR, Marketing, and R&D.
- Develop and present sales tools and support materials to global TerraCycle teams.
- Supply clean and comprehensive updates to senior TerraCycle team on status of all partnerships.
- BA/BS required
- 3-5 years of experience in business ideally in sales, PR or strategic outreach
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a comfort to present to C-level executives
- Ability to prepare + deliver/present clear and concise customer-ready documents including PPT decks and communication materials
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- A working understanding of current environmental issues coupled with a strong desire to implement solutions to the waste crisis
- Strong strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities in a dynamic work environment
- Able to work with people from different departments, backgrounds and geographic locations
- Experience with account or project management
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as pursuing projects independently
- A strong and motivated approach to pursuing new business connections, creating sales opportunities and working with clients to reach common goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Salaried position with annual incentive
- Generous paid time off
- Company subsidized medical and insurance plan
- Company matched 401(k) contributions
TerraCycle requires all employees to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, or have a valid religious or medical reason for being exempt.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
Note: International candidates must be eligible to work in their country of employment. At this time TerraCycle does not provide for visa sponsorships.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.