Out Teach seeks to hire this role in one of the 4 metro areas where we have hubs. Those include:
Washington, DC; Atlanta, GA; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Charlotte, NC
Who We Are:
At Out Teach, we believe that every child, no matter their resources, deserves an education that inspires them and equips them to succeed in life.
Currently in the US, 24 million+ students are from low-income families– more than 50% of the public school population– and wide academic achievement gaps separate these students from their more affluent peers. We’re driven by an intense passion to ensure that low-income students receive the same kind of impactful learning experiences as their higher income peers—meaningful experiences that create new opportunities for them to grow and succeed.
We believe that Science is the key to achieving equity. To thrive in today’s world, kids need to be able to think critically, solve problems, and collaborate – skills developed and harnessed through impactful science instruction and skills transferable to all other subjects. Moreover, effective science lessons are hands-on – which is the key to accelerating and deepening learning. If we’re going to close a gap, we MUST accelerate and deepen learning.
Unfortunately, less than 1.5 hours is spent on science instruction in elementary schools per week and 70% of elementary teachers don’t feel equipped to teach it.
Out Teach has a simple solution. We’re on a mission to transform elementary science instruction in America and change the trajectory of students’ lives and we want YOU to join us.
Out Teach embarked on an ambitious new phase of growth in 2020. As we continue on this journey, we’re looking for a dynamic contributor to join our expanding team as the Coordinator, Partnerships & Growth. For more information about Out Teach, please visit www.out-teach.org.
Out Teach seeks a Coordinator of Partnerships & Growth (Revenue) who is mission-driven, process and detail-oriented, and adept at working across functions in a fast-paced environment. The Coordinator of Partnerships & Growth supports the Revenue Team in business development functions and stewardship to secure new revenues, renew partnerships, and ensure successful implementation of partnerships and grants in close coordination with the Program Team. This includes administrative and logistical coordination for the Revenue Team and direct support for the Vice President of Partnerships & Growth.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on support for business development and philanthropic operations and will report to the Vice President of Partnerships & Growth, ensuring accurate insight into progress against goals and ensuring coordination between the revenue function and other departments in the organization. This position is essential to the organization, driving efficiencies, ensuring seamless communication, and providing the data necessary to keep the organization relentlessly focused on outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
- Exemplify the core values of the organization and uphold organization policies and processes
- Model and cultivate positive organizational culture
- Support revenue and data reporting and reconciliation in collaboration with Program and Finance Teams, including generating reports, and ensuring accuracy and timely completion
- Document and maintain all revenue processes and procedures, and develop, improve, and implement streamlined processes and procedures as needed
- Maintain a stewardship calendar, support stewardship and outreach processes, and maintain database of content, internal data, and external research, in collaboration with Program and Marcom Teams, to support partnerships and grant-writing
- Coordinate Revenue Team logistics and administration such as travel, ordering, event support, credit card reconciliation, and scheduling
- Fluently navigate business platforms used by the Revenue Team, and support team members’ use of the same
- Support the implementation and ongoing use of Salesforce in collaboration with the Systems Administrator, ensuring accurate and timely data entry across the Revenue Team and adherence to protocols
- Support the hiring and onboarding processes for the Revenue Team
- Assist in prospecting, research, pipeline development, document and presentation development, and meeting prep
- Maintain accurate and efficient digital files for Revenue Team
- Support solicitation and activation campaigns in collaboration with the Marcom function
- Support the donation acknowledgment and gift reporting processes
- Support incoming organizational communications and distribution of sales and funding leads
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organization and process management skills
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Must show initiative, self-motivation, and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Understanding of empowerment and opportunity in communities that are historically under resourced
- Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs
- General knowledge of various software, applications, and programs
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment
- Minimum of 1-3 years work experience in an operations, administrative, or coordinator role
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce
- General knowledge of various software, applications, and programs used for fundraising, business development, and/or customer management
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate stress level
- Moderate noise level
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 20 pounds
- Long periods of sitting
- Occasional weekend and/or evening availability
- Occasional U.S. travel (10% or less)