When You Work With LandPro, You Work with the Best, on the Best, for the Best.
Steer your career in the right direction! We are looking for ambitious, driven individuals to join the LandPro team. If you have a passion for helping those who work hard for their Land, come join us and be a part of the premier brand in the Agriculture and Turf equipment industry. Whether you are just starting your career or are a seasoned professional, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team of “Pros”. Our team of industry leaders takes pride in working with customers to find the right equipment or part to get the job done. And if service is needed, our technicians are the best in the business and work to keep down time to a minimum, correcting the issue the first time.
We’ll Help you Grow, to be a Pro.
It’s important to LandPro that we employee leaders with a great work ethic and genuine desire to give our customers an exceptional experience, every time. To help our employees further their careers and become the best in the industry we offer paid training through John Deere University, a Mentor Program, Career Path, paid internships, and more! We look forward to helping our employees build the career they want and support their advancement opportunities and growth.
Reports To: Store Managers
Sells new and used agricultural and turf equipment, parts, and service to a specific list of customers. Responsible for making sure the customer’s relationship with all departments at the dealership remains solid.
- Represents the company for the sale of equipment, parts, labor, and technology-based products and services to assigned customers
- Maintains current product knowledge of all equipment, parts, and services available to customers
- Maintains current knowledge of financing and risk management options (such as extended warranties, crop insurance, etc.) to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used goods
- Helps the customer optimize their operations utilizing new technology and risk management tools
- Engages with dealership specialists (Sales Manager, IS Consultant, etc.) when needed in completing a sale or answering customer questions
- Evaluates used equipment and reports to the Used Equipment Manager to determine valuation
- Enhances the relationship between the dealership and assigned customers
- Understands changes in customer’s operations or management personnel and helps the dealership prepare for future customer needs
- Knows and follows a defined sales process including reviewing equipment availability and completing any necessary paperwork
- Monitors and timely communicates any competitive activity to management
- Maintains accurate customer information in JD Quote
- Conducts new equipment field demonstrations
- Attends applicable sales training events/seminars
- Maintains assigned company vehicles and equipment
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 3+ years equipment sales experience
- Extensive knowledge of John Deere and competitive agricultural and turf equipment
- Knowledge of advanced farming operations
- Excellent customer relationship skills with current and future decision makers
- Ability to use various software applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions or Deere operating systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel to customer locations on a daily basis
- Ability to travel overnight for training purposes as needed
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or agriculture-related discipline preferred