Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET.
The goal of this engineering internship/co-op position is to provide opportunities for students to gain real world engineering experience in the Protein and Food Processing industry and to help students develop professionally in a progressive manner with an increasing amount of responsibility. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience while working under the supervision of experienced Process Engineers to meet the company goals pertaining to process improvement, design, product commercialization, and continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
All Process Engineers must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Support new processing equipment design and development.
- Support project management and installation of new commercial processing lines at factory
- Work with production, quality, and engineering teams to improve process control, efficiency, and output of the facility.
- Commit to and support EHS: actions visibly demonstrate that safety of self and others always takes first priority at work
- Work with onsite team on productivity projects and engineering studies.
- Learn how to size process systems and specify equipment such as pumps, automatic valves, flow meters, etc.
- Write scope documents and process descriptions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Pursuing a degree in mechanical, engineering or other relevant field
- Minimum GPA 2.7
- Pursuing a BS in Mechanical Engineering or Technical Degree with equivalent experience required, other engineers are acceptable
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated clear, informative, persuasive and collaborative verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, continuous learner who enjoys solving problems and challenges.
- Self-motivated and committed to safety and quality
- Work well independently and within diverse groups.
- Willingness to relocate desired, an ideal candidate would have the potential to be hired as a full-time Process Engineer following the internship or Co-Op
Documents required for application: Cover Letter, Resume, Academic Prep with grades and GPA (please include and indicate all transferred courses, along with courses in progress)
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) to learn more or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.